PLAYLIST: Fear & Whiskey 7/1/02

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      Here's the playlist for tonight's episode of Fear & Whiskey, heard from
      6-9pm ET on 88.3fm in Pittsburgh and <http://www.wrct.org> over the
      internet. (It's usually on from 7-9, but added an hour this week.) Past
      playlists are archived at <http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~cz28/fear.html>.

      Carl

      ARTIST / SONG
      sinister luck ensemble / reservation dream

      chris stamey / fireworks
      cul de sac / immortality lessons
      granfaloon bus / petty

      the who / boris the spider
      [RIP.]
      the who / mary anne with the shaky hands
      the who / boris the spider (radio one jingle)
      john entwistle / i'm coming back
      [Unfortunately, the only John Entwistle solo record at the station
      is 1981's _Too Late the Hero_, not one of his better efforts. I'd have
      liked to have played something off _Rigor Mortis Sets In_ or _Smash Your
      Head Against the Wall_.]
      the who / it's your turn
      the who / whiskey man

      roky erickson / two-headed dog
      rocket from the tombs / what love is
      pere ubu / hell
      neil young / revolution blues
      guided by voices / eureka signs
      [@ Rosebud 7/21.]
      chris brokaw / king ferdinand

      peter hammill / birthday special
      american music club / it's your birthday
      chuck prophet / summertime thing
      [@ Hartwood Acres 7/14.]
      paul kelly / saturday night and sunday morning

      alejandro escovedo / wave
      [@ Rosebud 7/24 & kicking off a set about migration to America.]
      steely dan / the royal scam
      randy newman / sail away
      elvis costello / american without tears

      dave alvin / fourth of july
      [@ Rosebud 7/10.]
      kelly kessler / the salt of your skin
      boxstep / western exit
      [@ Quiet Storm 7/13.]
      steve wynn / anthem

      wilco / ashes of american flags
      ray charles / america the beautiful
      randy newman / follow the flag
      joe jackson / evil empire
      sam cooke / a change is gonna come

      silkworm / the old you
      alexei & the justins / up that road
      dianogah / american dipper
      the residents / the stars and stripes forever

      david grubbs / a dream to help me sleep
      flatlanders / my wildest dreams grow wilder every day
      [@ Hartwood Acres 8/18.]
      sovines / this day in history
      [From the forthcoming _Stupefying Jones_.]

      van morrison / almost independence day
    • asjordan@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        Granfaloon Bus...ooooh I miss them
        shayne

        are they still together???
        The new Chuck Prophet has been in constant rotation at my house for the last month or two...
        highly recommended

        > chuck prophet / summertime thing
        > [@ Hartwood Acres 7/14.]
        > paul kelly / saturday night and sunday morning
        >
        > alejandro escovedo / wave
        > [@ Rosebud 7/24 & kicking off a set about migration to America.]
        > steely dan / the royal scam
        > randy newman / sail away
        > elvis costello / american without tears
      • czimring
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
          --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., <asjordan@b...> wrote:
          > Granfaloon Bus...ooooh I miss them
          > shayne
          >
          > are they still together???

          Yep, and recently put out a fine CD called _Exploded View_. Dunno if
          they're playing shows these days.

          > The new Chuck Prophet has been in constant rotation at my house for
          the last month or two...
          > highly recommended

          He's opening for Lucinda Williams here just a couple of weeks after
          his last show. He and Alejandro Escovedo are saturating the
          Pittsburgh concert market this summer.

          not complaining,
          Carl Z.
        • Shayne Jordan
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
            > He's opening for Lucinda Williams here just a couple of weeks after
            > his last show. He and Alejandro Escovedo are saturating the
            > Pittsburgh concert market this summer.
            >
            > not complaining,
            > Carl Z.

            tough life, oh well I'll just have to suffer through the countless DBT
            shows, Patterson solo shows, Slobberbone and The Possibilities and Vic
            Chesnutt shows.
            By the way everyone go get The Possibilities new record Way Out. it's on
            parasol. I know Jamie has probably mentioned them before but it's really a
            great record, Brian Wilson with some cock in his rock.
            And the liner notes by Scott McCaughey are hilarious. AND since Logan has
            "retired" from music (whatever) has got one of his songs on it. I still
            haven't heard the new one he did with Bob Kimball, but I've heard good
            things about it. I dunno, nothing is ever going to make me as happy as Bulk
            did/does.
            must sleep
            shayne