Re: favorites of 2002?

  • wfsilvers
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 1, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "czimring" <cz28@a...> wrote:
      > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "wfsilvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
      > > Tommy Womack STUBBORN
      >
      > This is a good'un, though not a match for his amazing Gene Simmons
      > rant in St. Louis. I do hope that was taped....

      It was recorded, um, yes. <g> I haven't listened to it yet, though.

      And I am very thick. STUBBORN is a fine record, but Tommy's new record
      is called CIRCUS TOWN.

      > This may be a dangerous question, Bill, but is there much you
      > recommend off the Rhino version than an owner of the Ryko version
      and _Out of Our Idiot_ wouldn't already own? I'm probably going to
      get _Armed Forces_ one of these days for the Hollywood High tracks.

      > Carl Z.

      I haven't actually purchased any of the Rhino reissues yet, so I
      can't say. I have enough built-in resistance to buying the same thing
      for the fourth time (countinmg the vinyl) that I haven't been able to
      bring myself to do it, though I have enough built-in fanboy slut in me
      to be unable to quit thinking about whether or not I should buy them.
      <g>

      I take it from your Hollywood High comment that you don't have 2 1/2
      YEARS? For shame...<g>

      b.s.
    • czimring
      Message 39 of 39 , Jul 2, 2002
        --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "wfsilvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
        > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "czimring" <cz28@a...> wrote:
        >
        > > under the microscope,
        > > Carl Z.
        >
        > Or at least, the other end of the telescope. <g>

        Careful, Bill. Voices carry.

        Carl Ziee.