Steve Wynn interview

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      It's a bit long to post, but there's a good Steve Wynn interview at
      <http://www.junkmedia.org/01/48/wilcox48_3.html>. Here's a bit of news
      from it; fans of _Here Come the Mircales_ might find it most welcome news.

      Carl Z.

      ***

      So do you have specific plans to go into the studio to get started on a new
      record?

      We'll be going back to Tucson in September. I've got a lot of songs
      written, and I'm just going to keep writing until then. It's kind of what I
      did last time. I was writing until the time we went in to the studio. The
      last weekend before we went down to Arizona to record, [drummer] Linda
      [Pitmon] and I wrote three songs together and we were so happy with them
      they all made the record. So I'm sure the same thing will happen again,
      I'll just write and write. I really enjoyed working out there. The mood and
      the process was so laid back and open to random things happening, and I
      really like that and want to do that again. So I've got a lot of songs, but
      I don't want them to be too fully formed.

      It makes sense, since Tucson is Giant Sand territory and there seem to be
      things happening by accident all the time on their records.

      Yeah, it's always funny to work with somebody who's accustomed to working
      with Giant Sand, because there's nothing you can do to faze them. Nothing
      can freak them out. You can tear apart a song, change anything, it doesn't
      matter. They're so used to chaos, everything else seems ordered and normal.
    • Andy Benham
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
        On 1 Jul 02, at 14:39, Carl Zimring wrote:

        > It's a bit long to post, but there's a good Steve Wynn interview at
        > <http://www.junkmedia.org/01/48/wilcox48_3.html>. Here's a bit of news
        > from it; fans of _Here Come the Mircales_ might find it most welcome news.
        >
        > Carl Z.

        I doubt there are any other Brits on the list but if so, he's part of an
        upcoming songwriters circle tour which also includes Robert
        Fisher, Walter Humara and Deanna Varagona.

        Andy
      • czimring
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
          --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Andy Benham" <a.s.benham@b...> wrote:
          > I doubt there are any other Brits on the list but if so, he's part
          of an
          > upcoming songwriters circle tour which also includes Robert
          > Fisher, Walter Humara and Deanna Varagona.

          The schedule, if anyone's curious:

          July 2 IRELAND Kilkenny Cleere's Theatre
          July 3 IRELAND The Lobby Bar Cork
          July 4 UK Swansea The Chattery
          July 5 UK London The Borderline
          July 8 UK York Fibbers