Re: favorites of 2002?

  • wfsilvers
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 1, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., Carl Zimring <cz28@a...> wrote:
      > Summer's starting, 2002 is just about half over, and I'm curious as
      to what y'all have been listening to this year.

      In order of them occurring to me as I think of them, only:

      The Hives VENI VIDI VICIOUS
      Brendan Benson LAPALCO
      Tommy Womack STUBBORN
      Jim Lauderdale THE HUMMINGBIRDS
      Jim Lauderdale/Ralph Stanley & The Clinch Mountain Boys LOST IN THE
      LONESOME PINES
      Tift Merritt BRAMBLE ROSE
      This Is Where I Belong - The Songs of Ray Davies and The Kinks
      Christy McWilson BED OF ROSES
      Patty Griffin 1000 KISSES
      DO THE POP - the Australian Garage Rock Sound 1976-87
      Mike Ireland & Holler TRY AGAIN

      Incomplete returns- Grand Champeen (Lance is right about the live
      show, though the covers outweighed their own material), Mooney Suzuki,
      Heather Myles

      That's most of the new music. I've caught up on records I didn't give
      enough time to last year a fair amount (there's an idea for a thread -
      what's your favorite record you didn't hear enough of last year?), and
      I've tried to catch up with the past I never had. The second reissue
      of Elvis Costello's records (this time on Rhino) has had me pulling
      those records out of the stacks. Has anybody else had trouble deciding
      whether or not to buy the same records for the third time? I might
      pick up THIS YEAR'S MODEL again, anyway, just because. <g>

      Won't get fooled again award- Wilco YANKEE HOTEL FOXTROT

      b.s.
    • czimring
      Message 39 of 39 , Jul 2, 2002
        --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "wfsilvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
        > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "czimring" <cz28@a...> wrote:
        >
        > > under the microscope,
        > > Carl Z.
        >
        > Or at least, the other end of the telescope. <g>

        Careful, Bill. Voices carry.

        Carl Ziee.