Who Covers/Topsoil

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2002
      Well, I'm headed out now to do Topsoil and then from 2-3pm Eastern I'll play
      stuff by the Who and covers. You can listen in at wxdu.org.

      I've compiled the list of Who covers and will attach it here just in case
      anyone is interested. I also found a bunch more. It is pretty amazing to
      me how few people cover The Who despite their massive influence on Rock and
      Roll:

      Breeders "So Sad About Us" (Safari)
      Count 5 "My Generation" (The Complete Psychotic Reaction)
      David Bowie "Anyway…" (Pin Ups)
      DOA "Won't Get Fooled Again" (Greatest Shirts)
      Eddie and the Hot Rods "The Kids Are Alright" (Teenage Depression)
      Fatboy Slim "Going Out Of My Head" (ie "I Can't Explain") Better Living
      Through Chemistry
      Flaming Groovies "I Can't Explain" (Teenage Head outtake)
      Gram Parker "Substitute" (No Holding Back)
      Green Day "My Generation" (Kerplunk)
      Joan Jett "Call Me Lightning" (Bad Reputation)
      Junk Monkeys "A Quick One" (Five Star Fling)
      Naked Soul "So Sad About Us" (Seed)
      Of Montreal "Disguises" (Bird Who…)
      Patti Smith "My Generation" (Horses)
      Picketts "Baba O'Reilly" (Euphonium)
      Ramones "Substitute" (Acid Eaters)
      Ringo Starr "Boris the Spider" (Anthology)
      Sex Pistols "Substitute" (The Great RnR Swindle)
      The Calamaties "The Kids Are Alright" (Rodney on the ROQ)
      The Jam "Disguises" (Extras: A Collection of Rarities)
      The Jam "So Sad About Us" (Extras: A Collection of Rarities)
      Those Darn Accordions "Baba O'Reilly" (No Strings Attached)
      Tina Turner "Acid Queen" "I Can See For Miles" (Acid Queen)
      Tommy Keene "Tattoo" (Real Underground)

      --
      Steve Gardner - Topsoil/Haywire - Sun. 12-3pm
      WXDU 88.7FM Durham NC and on the Net at www.wxdu.org
      Fresh Dirt Webzine: www.topsoil.net/freshdirt
      * steve@... **** www.topsoil.net *