Re: checking in

  • andyb240658
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "jlswedberg" <jlswedberg@y...> wrote:
      > Hey all--
      > Just wanted to say I'm here. What a great idea to start this list!
      > --Jamie S. (no commentary yet...too tired...gimme a few days <g>)

      And I thought I'd say I've made my way over hear as well. Seems
      strange subscribing to a list about a radio show I've never heard but
      oh well. Much on the playlists are of interest to me but much also
      I've never heard of. So I guess I'll be an occasional poster with the
      odd suggestion of stuff from the UK that maybe of interest.

      I noticed Chuck Prophet on this weeks list. Had the choice of seeing
      Chuck or Jim White last week in Wolverhampton (only 200 yards apart).
      Chose Jim White's show and definitely wasn't disappointed but was
      irritated to miss Chuck's show. How is he live these days.

      Andy
    • czimring
      Message 2 of 3 , May 22, 2002
        --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "andyb240658" <a.s.benham@b...> wrote:
        > I noticed Chuck Prophet on this weeks list. Had the choice of seeing
        > Chuck or Jim White last week in Wolverhampton (only 200 yards apart).
        > Chose Jim White's show and definitely wasn't disappointed but was
        > irritated to miss Chuck's show. How is he live these days.

        Does Chuck ever play in the US? East of the Mississippi? Anyway, I'd
        be curious to hear what he's like in concert as his mix of R&B beats
        and roots-rock on the last couple of records is as satisfying a
        synthesis as any of its kind. (In some ways it reminds me of when Joe
        Henry started incorporating R&B and jazz into his sound, though I'm
        trying to imagine Ornette Coleman sitting in with Prophet!)

        Tangentially, I hear that Mi'Shell Ndegeocello (Henry's bassist on
        _Scar_) has a new album coming out soon. She's one of those artists
        whose sound varies widely from album to album (_Bitter_ was downright
        folky) and I'm curious if anyone's had the opportunity to hear the new
        one and can say what it sounds like?