Re: [fearnwhiskey] PLAYLIST: Fear & Whiskey 12/2/02

  • mosurock
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
      Carl, you wanna get high or somethin?

      dm

      At 09:48 PM 12/2/2002, you wrote:
      >Here's the playlist for tonight's episode of Fear & Whiskey, heard from
      >7-9pm ET on 88.3fm in Pittsburgh and <http://www.wrct.org> over the
      >internet. Past playlists are archived at
      ><http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~cz28/fear.html>.
      >
      >No show next week as I'll be out of town, but two weeks from tonight I'll
      >play my favorite music from 2002.
      >
      >Carl Z.
      >
      >ARTIST / SONG
      >von freeman / blues for billie
      >[Mojo's feature on the "100 greatest drug songs of all time" inspired this
      >week's playlist.]
      >
      >byrds / eight miles high
      >television / call mr. lee
      >[Tom Verlaine provides music for films at the Regent Square Theater 12/4.]
      >joel phelps / counsel
      >paul kelly / little decisions
      >
      >camper van beethoven / we're a bad trip
      >sonics / strychnine
      >cynics / private suicide
      >[Reunion show @ Rosebud 12/7.]
      >waco brothers / poison
      >[I played the poison songs in part because today was the 60th anniversary
      >of the splitting of the atom at the University of Chicago by a team of
      >scientists led by Enrico Fermi.]
      >small faces / here comes the nice
      >lucky pierres / my temptation
      >
      >sebadoh / too pure
      >yo la tengo / evanescent psychic pez drop
      >velvet underground / i'm waiting for the man
      >warren zevon / detox mansion
      >mekons / cocaine lil
      >sue garner / don't still the flicker
      >
      >catherine irwin / paint the river red
      >nat adderley / quit it
      >chet baker / let's get lost
      >jenny toomey / tempting
      >sovines / two six packs away from a six pack to go
      >
      >johnny cash / cocaine blues
      >townes van zandt / waitin' round to die
      >amalgamated sons of rest / maa bonny lad
      >beck / guess i'm doing fine
      >soft boys / sudden town
      >taking pictires / hibernation for a hyper-nation
      >
      >flamin' groovies / slow death
      >slobberbone / stupid words
      >karl hendricks trio / naked and high on drugs
      >richard buckner / stumble down
      >
      >d'angelo, femi kuti & macy gray / water no get enemy
      >[From the Red Hot + Riot tribute to Fela Kuti.]

    • Justin Hopper
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2002
        Pardon me if someone already posted this, I didn't read most of my emails
        today - but knew Carl would need to know asap...

        Rosebud - Strip District - 412-261-2232

        Thurs. Jan. 23, 2003
        Camper Van Beethoven (Alternative)
        Plus a special guest
        Tickets: $16.00 advance & $18.00 at the door
        Doors: 7:00 PM Show: 8:00 PM Over 21 Show

        Justin Hopper
        Music Editor
        Pittsburgh City Paper
        650 Smithfield St., Ste. 2200
        Pittsburgh, PA 15222
        www.pghcitypaper.com
        phone: 412-316-3342 x165
        fax: 412-316-3388
        jhopper@...

        >Here's the playlist for tonight's episode of Fear & Whiskey, heard from
        >7-9pm ET on 88.3fm in Pittsburgh and <http://www.wrct.org> over the
        >internet. Past playlists are archived at
        ><http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~cz28/fear.html>.
        >
        >No show next week as I'll be out of town, but two weeks from tonight I'll
        >play my favorite music from 2002.
        >
        >Carl Z.
        >
        >ARTIST / SONG
        >von freeman / blues for billie
        >[Mojo's feature on the "100 greatest drug songs of all time" inspired this
        >week's playlist.]
        >
        >byrds / eight miles high
        >television / call mr. lee
        >[Tom Verlaine provides music for films at the Regent Square Theater 12/4.]
        >joel phelps / counsel
        >paul kelly / little decisions
        >
        >camper van beethoven / we're a bad trip
        >sonics / strychnine
        >cynics / private suicide
        >[Reunion show @ Rosebud 12/7.]
        >waco brothers / poison
        >[I played the poison songs in part because today was the 60th anniversary
        >of the splitting of the atom at the University of Chicago by a team of
        >scientists led by Enrico Fermi.]
        >small faces / here comes the nice
        >lucky pierres / my temptation
        >
        >sebadoh / too pure
        >yo la tengo / evanescent psychic pez drop
        >velvet underground / i'm waiting for the man
        >warren zevon / detox mansion
        >mekons / cocaine lil
        >sue garner / don't still the flicker
        >
        >catherine irwin / paint the river red
        >nat adderley / quit it
        >chet baker / let's get lost
        >jenny toomey / tempting
        >sovines / two six packs away from a six pack to go
        >
        >johnny cash / cocaine blues
        >townes van zandt / waitin' round to die
        >amalgamated sons of rest / maa bonny lad
        >beck / guess i'm doing fine
        >soft boys / sudden town
        >taking pictires / hibernation for a hyper-nation
        >
        >flamin' groovies / slow death
        >slobberbone / stupid words
        >karl hendricks trio / naked and high on drugs
        >richard buckner / stumble down
        >
        >d'angelo, femi kuti & macy gray / water no get enemy
        >[From the Red Hot + Riot tribute to Fela Kuti.]

      • Carl Abraham Zimring
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2002
          --On Monday, December 2, 2002 11:10 PM -0500 mosurock
          <mosurock@...> wrote:

          > Carl, you wanna get high or somethin?

          Nope, I also don't want to go to rehab either. I just find the subject
          matter's inspired some good songs.

          Carl Z.
        • Carl Abraham Zimring
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2002
            Great to see they've confirmed a date -- I had heard rumors of the 15th.
            Having seen none of the reunion shows thus far, I'm very curious to hear
            how they've changed in concert over the years.

            Carl Z.

            --On Tuesday, December 3, 2002 9:32 AM -0500 Justin Hopper