YLT Meets Ray Davies...

  • Barry Mazor
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
      Yep; they're doing their anuual "8 shows back home in Hoboken over
      Chanukah" stand at Maxwells, all of six blocks from this typewriter, and, I
      have it from a reliable source who may tell you more about it later, Ray
      Davies himself joined them for the encores last night--three Kinks songs
      with YLT behind.
      Now, we didn't quite get there ourselves, as we were suppsoed to, last
      night specifically, due to a combination of failure to grab tickets far
      enough in advance, waiting to find out who'd play with them what
      night...and what I'll call monetary/physical drag...It's my permanent position
      that if we;d gone, we'd have krept out before the encores out of sheer
      exhaustion, and missed the surprise set anyway, which would have been
      really maddening.

      See how cleverly we avoided that/

      Barry M
      Hopscotching Hoboken for Headlines
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
        --On Monday, December 2, 2002 4:44 PM +0000 Barry Mazor
        <brmaz@...> wrote:

        > Yep; they're doing their anuual "8 shows back home in Hoboken over
        > Chanukah" stand at Maxwells, all of six blocks from this typewriter, and,
        > I have it from a reliable source who may tell you more about it later,
        > Ray Davies himself joined them for the encores last night--three Kinks
        > songs with YLT behind.

        Wow, that's great! If any sources (unreliable or otherwise) can fill us
        in, I'd be very happier. I'd be even happier if someone could say when/if
        the solo disc Mr. Davies was working on with YLT will be released.

        Carl Z.
        lighting candles but not seeing YLT during the Festival of Lights
      • Chris Hill
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
          Is Ray Davies the famous unnamed guest star on YLT's _The
          Sounds of the Sounds of Science_ disc? Have assumed so,
          but haven't ever read confirmation.

          Chris