Re: the 100 greatest drug songs ever!

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 1, 2002
      > Both of her versions that I've heard are gripping, and better
      anti-drug ads
      > than anything the federal government's put out. Speaking of MF and
      drugs,
      > has anyone seen the version she did of "Broken English" she did on
      Saturday
      > Night Live when she was coked out of her mind and her voice was
      utterly
      > (yes, even for her) shot?

      I didn't see that, unforch. Speaking of Marianne, the first time I
      really listened to her closely was on her live album, Blazing Away.
      When it got to "Why'd Ya Do It" I almost fell off my chair. That is
      still one of the naughtiest songs I've ever heard. I wonder what Liz
      Phair thinks of Marianne?

      Ok, I just talked myself into playing something off this album. Tune
      in www.wxdu.org. I probably will wait until 2pm to play it, though.
      It's more of a Haywire than a Topsoil thing.

      steve
    • Steve Gardner
      Message 43 of 43 , Dec 1, 2002