Re: My wife has already left me

  • Barry Mazor
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 27, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "tele66_2000" <mbenz@o...> wrote:
      > Costello splits from wife

      Gee, with the tragic Lisa Marie/Nick split after a good season or so, this
      leaves Elvis free to marry Lisa Marie...could be an important development,
      except he'd still have Michael hanging around sometimes...There could be
      an album in it; Costellos influence could add to the perception that
      Jackson is normal. With Lisa Marie on ocarina.

      BTW: The SUV ad is supposedly for environmental causes, not
      anti-terrorist...but I doubt anybody seeing it doesn't think of both, uh,
      themes...

      Barry
    • cz28
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 27, 2002
        --On Wednesday, November 27, 2002 2:13 PM +0000 tele66_2000
        <mbenz@...> wrote:

        > "It is regretfully announced
        > that
        > the marriage of Elvis Costello and Cait O'Riordan has come to an end
        > after
        > 16 years.
        >
        > "The parting, which took place in September, is amicable and it is
        > hoped
        > that the privacy of the individuals will be respected."

        So he won't be writing "Riot Act, pt.2"?

        Though Costello is legendary for his songs of "guilt and revenge", the two
        albums he released at the beginning of this marriage are among the
        strongest -- and in the case of _King of America_, the happiest -- of his
        career. It will be interesting to hear how the divorce makes its way into
        his music.

        Carl Z.
      • samchecker
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 27, 2002
          --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., cz28 <cz28@a...> wrote:

          > Though Costello is legendary for his songs of "guilt and revenge",
          the two
          > albums he released at the beginning of this marriage are among the
          > strongest -- and in the case of _King of America_, the happiest --
          of his
          > career. It will be interesting to hear how the divorce makes its
          way into
          > his music.

          Yeah, nobody's ever explored *that* theme before...

          I think it's more likely that he'll be writing about this stalker gal
          from Columbus.

          Mark
        • Matt Benz
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 27, 2002
            You need to get over this Costello rage, Mark. Really.

            Let it go.

            My wife can stalk Costello all she wants. It keeps her busy. We all need
            hobbies.

            Yeah, nobody's ever explored *that* theme before...

            I think it's more likely that he'll be writing about this stalker
            gal
            from Columbus.

            Mark

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2711418.4084139.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=17074237
            53:HM/A=1328027/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870030;7586687;u?http://
            www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2711418.4084139.1925585/D=egroupmai
            l/S=:HM/A=1328027/rand=235977085>

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
          • cz28
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 27, 2002
              Ol' man Wyatt wrote:

              > Yeah, nobody's ever explored *that* theme before...

              And few ever better than EC circa _Get Happy_.

              > I think it's more likely that he'll be writing about this stalker
              > gal
              > from Columbus.

              I think the Sovines should cover "The Big Light". Starker would sound good
              on it and it might solve the stalker problem.

              Carl Z>
            • Steve Gardner
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 27, 2002
                > Costello splits from wife
                > Musician Elvis Costello has split from his wife, ex-Pogues singer Cait
                > O'Riordan, after 16 years of marriage.

                That is sad. But not that sad because I thought they had already been
                divorced for a dozen years.

                steve
              • elvisbusybody
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 27, 2002
                  "but set himself apart with thoughtful lyrics and musical
                  proficiency on tracks such as Oliver's Army and I Can't Stand Up For
                  Falling Down."
                  With all of Costello's great songs, its interesting that they list
                  these two - especially since I Can't Stand Up is a Sam Cooke cover
                  (Cooke actually didn't write it either). Perhaps Elvis gave Cait No
                  Action...

                  --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Steve Gardner" <steve@t...> wrote:
                  > > Costello splits from wife
                  > > Musician Elvis Costello has split from his wife, ex-Pogues singer
                  Cait
                  > > O'Riordan, after 16 years of marriage.
                  >
                  > That is sad. But not that sad because I thought they had already
                  been
                  > divorced for a dozen years.
                  >
                  > steve
                • Bill Silvers
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 27, 2002
                    --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., cz28 <cz28@a...> wrote:
                    >Though Costello is legendary for his songs of "guilt and revenge",
                    the two albums he released at the beginning of this marriage are
                    among the strongest -- and in the case of _King of America_, the
                    happiest -- of his career. It will be interesting to hear how the
                    divorce makes its way into his music.

                    > Carl Z.

                    Yeah, maybe he'll take up with (just back on the market
                    too...coincidence? I think not) Lisa Marie Presley and make that
                    great country record he's always wanted to. <g>

                    b.s.