Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: the 100 greatest drug songs ever!

  • cz28
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 27, 2002
      --On Wednesday, November 27, 2002 1:59 PM +0000 samchecker
      <oneriot@...> wrote:

      > Actually, Arianna Huffington is spearheading a campaign to raise cash
      > for just such an ad. She's already enlisted Lawrence Bender
      > (Tarantino's producer) to be the producer for this thing, and I think
      > some ad agency dudes are already on the case.

      I'm looking forward to seein these. She's had quite a transition over the
      past decade, hasn't she? I can't imagine that her ex-husband is too
      thrilled at the news.

      Carl Z.
    • Steve Gardner
      Message 43 of 43 , Dec 1, 2002
        > Both of her versions that I've heard are gripping, and better
        anti-drug ads
        > than anything the federal government's put out. Speaking of MF and
        drugs,
        > has anyone seen the version she did of "Broken English" she did on
        Saturday
        > Night Live when she was coked out of her mind and her voice was
        utterly
        > (yes, even for her) shot?

        I didn't see that, unforch. Speaking of Marianne, the first time I
        really listened to her closely was on her live album, Blazing Away.
        When it got to "Why'd Ya Do It" I almost fell off my chair. That is
        still one of the naughtiest songs I've ever heard. I wonder what Liz
        Phair thinks of Marianne?

        Ok, I just talked myself into playing something off this album. Tune
        in www.wxdu.org. I probably will wait until 2pm to play it, though.
        It's more of a Haywire than a Topsoil thing.

        steve