PLAYLIST: Fear & Whiskey 6/24/02

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24 7:03 PM
      Here's the playlist for tonight's episode of Fear & Whiskey, heard
      from 7-9pm ET on 88.3fm in Pittsburgh and <http://www.wrct.org> over
      the internet. Past playlists are archived at
      <http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~cz28/fear.html>.

      Carl

      ARTIST / SONG
      quincy jones / theme from sanford & son
      [This week's theme was waste, trash, pollution and junk.]

      spirit / fresh garbage
      tom waits / the part you throw away
      randy newman / burn on
      rem / cuyahoga

      kelly kessler / meet me tonight at the landfill
      victor krummenacher / out in the heat
      ["We'll be filthy rich if the damn stuff burns green."]
      marvin gaye / mercy mercy me (the ecology)
      magazine / back to nature
      dream syndicate / definitely clean

      pogues / dirty old town
      billy bragg / northern industrial town
      peter bruntnell / jurassic parking lot
      death cab for cutie / why you'd want to live here
      [A couple of songs about sprawl.]
      sinister luck ensemble / the black pool

      silkworm / dirty air
      captain beefheart / plastic factory
      robyn hitchcock / trash
      richard thompson & danny thompson / big chimney
      [Had to get a song that mentions coke ovens and pig iron on the radio in
      Pittsburgh.]
      son volt / ten second news
      barbara manning / haze is free

      radio 4 / save your city
      clem snide / the junky jews
      [The closest thing to my academic research in a pop song.]
      the birthday party / big-jesus-trash-can
      municipal waste / haunted junkyard
      dirty three / black tide

      willard grant conspiracy / no such thing as clean
      robbie fulks / dancing on the ashes

      graham parker / last stop is nowhere