favorites of 2002?

    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 20, 2002
      Summer's starting, 2002 is just about half over, and I'm curious as to what
      y'all have been listening to this year. My favorites so far, in case
      they're not evident from previous posts, include:

      Silkworm, _Italian Platinum_
      Kelly Kessler, _The Salt of Your Skin_
      Lonesome Bob, _Things Change_
      Sinister Luck Ensemble, _Anniversary_
      Tom Waits, _Blood Money_ & _Alice_ (both sound good on random play with the
      Sinister Luck Ensemble disc)
      Alejandro Escovedo, _By the Hand of the Father_
      Boxstep, _By Now Even the Trees_
      Consonant, _Consonant_
      Jim Roll, _Inhabiting the Ball_
      Elvis Costello, _When I Was Cruel_
      Warren Zevon, _My Ride's Here_
      Peter Jefferies, _Closed Circuit_
      Paul Kelly, _Nothing But a Dream_
      (These last two came out in late 2001, but I've listened to them a lot this
      year.)

      Plus these reissues:
      Randy Newman, _Good Old Boys_
      Rocket From the Tombs, _The Day the Earth Met Rocket From the Tombs_
      Richard Hell, _Time_

      Favorite concerts include the Friday night lineup at Twangfest, especially
      the first four acts (Sovines, Kelly Hogan, Tommy Womack & Calvin Cooke's
      Sacred Steel Ensemble -- the latter act blew me away to the extent that I
      didn't really absorb finale James Intveld's set), Moviola and Boxstep
      together in February, and Alejandro Escovedo's free show in downtown
      Pittsburgh with Hector Munoz on drums for the last time.

      How about you?

      Carl Z.
      NP: Pere Ubu, _St. Arkansas_. Sounds like David Thomas has spent a lot of
      time in a car lately...
    • czimring
      Message 39 of 39 , Jul 2, 2002
        --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "wfsilvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
        > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "czimring" <cz28@a...> wrote:
        >
        > > under the microscope,
        > > Carl Z.
        >
        > Or at least, the other end of the telescope. <g>

        Careful, Bill. Voices carry.

        Carl Ziee.