Re: Clip: Butch Morris

  • czimring
    Message 1 of 68 , Nov 2, 2002
      Nice! And mention of Bethany leads me to ask what the Gold Sparkle
      Band is up to these days.

      Carl Z.

    • jeffj@blast.net
      Message 68 of 68 , Nov 6, 2002
        Carl W. wrote:
        >So when you open up to
        it it's a bit like mainlining the essence of music into your nervous system.
        It makes melodies and words and verses and choruses seem like trappings -
        often enjoyable and affecting trappings, but still something on top of music
        itself.

        I like Carl's analogy a lot.
        And in adapting it, I see traditional melody and song as an iced layer cake, where as free jazz is raw eggs, milk, flour,
        etc. in a mixing bowl. And I prefer a nice slice of cake to a spoonful of the raw ingredients.

        Jeff J

        This mail sent through IMP: email.blast.net