RE: [fearnwhiskey] Re: AOR is A-OK!

  • Matt Benz
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 3, 2002
      Fleetwood Mac I couldn't come to a decision on, but how could I forget
      VH???!!

      They sucked. They were the suckiest of the sucks. Us Kinks fans hated them,
      hated hated hated them and what they did to YRGM. When the Kinks released 1
      For The Road, and Dave wiped Eddie's ass with his playing on YRGM, oh, how
      we cheered! That guy ruined rock guitar for years to come. The full damage
      he's done may not be known for decades, although "Buckethead" certainly
      makes it clear that the damage is great indeed. Man, I hated that crap.

      But "Fair Warning" was ok.....

      And BOC, they need to be on the "ok" list. I forgot about them....

    • mosurock
      Message 43 of 43 , Oct 5, 2002
        Just an aside, but a friend and drinking buddy of mine is also engineering
        the upcoming Steely Dan album, which he's been working on for almost two
        years at this point.

        Not much to report there except for (as I suspected) a grand sense of humor
        from Fagen and Becker, who are "very great guys to work with if you're not
        a moron," and a far, far stronger album in the works than "Two Against
        Nature". Of particular note is a track called "Godwhackers" which concerns
        the Dan killing God, and is reported to be the most _Royal Scam_ thing
        they've done since _The Royal Scam_.

        I keep bugging him to introduce me to the two of them sometime. I'm sure
        they won't do it. I'm not much for jonesing over meeting celebrity types,
        as they seem to find me pretty well on their own, but these guys would be
        up there for me with the time I ran into James Woods in the West Village
        and freaked out.

        doug