Re: [fearnwhiskey] Zombie Heaven

    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
      --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:12 PM -0700 mosurock
      <mosurock@...> wrote:

      > No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on
      > Sony/Rewind in the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

      I've never heard it. Are the arrangements similar to the Zombies' material?

      Carl Z.
    • mosurock
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
        Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work on
        "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably. He redoes "She Loves the Way
        They Love Her" confidently and then it's a straight trip to depression city,
        population = you. A must have, and I can't believe more people hadn't heard
        it. Argent plays on most of it too, I think.

        doug

        On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:13:07 -0400 Carl Zimring <cz28@...> wrote:

        > --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:12 PM -0700
        > mosurock
        > wrote:
        >
        > > No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has
        > been reissued on
        > > Sony/Rewind in the UK and is well worth
        > owning. Sad as snakesnot.
        >
        > I've never heard it. Are the arrangements
        > similar to the Zombies' material?
        >
        > Carl Z.

        doug mosurak
        mosurock@...

        http://www.versioncityrecords.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
          --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:17 PM -0700 mosurock
          <mosurock@...> wrote:

          > Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work
          > on "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably.

          I think I need to own this. I think WRCT needs to own this as well. Oh
          Paul...

          Carl Z.
        • mosurock
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
            maybe WRCT already does ... check the vinyl stacks.