Re: [fearnwhiskey] Zombie Heaven

  • mosurock
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
      No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on Sony/Rewind in
      the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

      doug

      On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:07:33 -0400 Carl Zimring <cz28@...> wrote:

      > --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000
      > samchecker
      > wrote:
      >
      > > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers"
      > wrote:
      > >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker"
      > Odyssey and Oracle, and
      > >>
      > >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed
      > set? I have a reason
      > > for
      > >> asking. No, really.
      > >
      > > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?
      >
      > Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box
      > around, I know a good home
      > for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent
      > shows this fall?
      >
      > Carl Z.

      doug mosurak
      mosurock@...

      http://www.versioncityrecords.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
        --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:12 PM -0700 mosurock
        <mosurock@...> wrote:

        > No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on
        > Sony/Rewind in the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

        I've never heard it. Are the arrangements similar to the Zombies' material?

        Carl Z.
      • mosurock
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
          Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work on
          "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably. He redoes "She Loves the Way
          They Love Her" confidently and then it's a straight trip to depression city,
          population = you. A must have, and I can't believe more people hadn't heard
          it. Argent plays on most of it too, I think.

          doug

          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
            --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:17 PM -0700 mosurock
            <mosurock@...> wrote:

            > Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work
            > on "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably.

            I think I need to own this. I think WRCT needs to own this as well. Oh
            Paul...

            Carl Z.
          • mosurock
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
              maybe WRCT already does ... check the vinyl stacks.