Zombie Heaven

    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
      --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000 samchecker
      <oneriot@...> wrote:

      > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
      >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
      >> > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
      >> > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)
      >>
      >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason
      > for
      >> asking. No, really.
      >
      > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?

      Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box around, I know a good home
      for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent shows this fall?

      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
        --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 1:54 PM -0400 "Wilson, Carl"
        <cwilson@...> wrote:

        <a whole bunch of good suggestions>

        I think Toronto deserves a radio show programmed by Carl Wilson. Maybe you
        could stump for a "Sound Opinions"-style show at one of the local stations.

        ("Sound Opinions" is a Chicago-based show that's been on about three
        stations over the past couple of decades. It's kind of a Siskel & Ebert of
        rock criticism, with plenty of music and the occasional interview.)

        Carl Z.
        enjoying all the autumn suggestions, and always looking for an excuse to
        break into the _Nuggets_ box
      • mosurock
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
          No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on Sony/Rewind in
          the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

          doug

          On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:07:33 -0400 Carl Zimring <cz28@...> wrote:

          > --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000
          > samchecker
          > wrote:
          >
          > > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers"
          > wrote:
          > >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker"
          > Odyssey and Oracle, and
          > >>
          > >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed
          > set? I have a reason
          > > for
          > >> asking. No, really.
          > >
          > > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?
          >
          > Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box
          > around, I know a good home
          > for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent
          > shows this fall?
          >
          > Carl Z.

          doug mosurak
          mosurock@...

          http://www.versioncityrecords.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
            --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:12 PM -0700 mosurock
            <mosurock@...> wrote:

            > No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on
            > Sony/Rewind in the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

            I've never heard it. Are the arrangements similar to the Zombies' material?

            Carl Z.
          • mosurock
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
              Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work on
              "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably. He redoes "She Loves the Way
              They Love Her" confidently and then it's a straight trip to depression city,
              population = you. A must have, and I can't believe more people hadn't heard
              it. Argent plays on most of it too, I think.

              doug

              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:17 PM -0700 mosurock
                <mosurock@...> wrote:

                > Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work
                > on "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably.

                I think I need to own this. I think WRCT needs to own this as well. Oh
                Paul...

                Carl Z.
              • mosurock
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                  maybe WRCT already does ... check the vinyl stacks.