Re: RE: [fearnwhiskey] Re: autumn songs

  • chillout@gte.net
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
      Has anyone mentioned "October" by U2?
      "October / And the trees are stripped bare /
      Of all they wear / What do I care".
    • samchecker
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
        --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
        > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
        > > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
        > > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)
        >
        > So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason
        for
        > asking. No, really.

        Nope. You need my address, hint hint?

        Mark
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
          --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000 samchecker
          <oneriot@...> wrote:

          > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
          >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
          >> > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
          >> > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)
          >>
          >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason
          > for
          >> asking. No, really.
          >
          > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?

          Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box around, I know a good home
          for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent shows this fall?

          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
            --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 1:54 PM -0400 "Wilson, Carl"
            <cwilson@...> wrote:

            <a whole bunch of good suggestions>

            I think Toronto deserves a radio show programmed by Carl Wilson. Maybe you
            could stump for a "Sound Opinions"-style show at one of the local stations.

            ("Sound Opinions" is a Chicago-based show that's been on about three
            stations over the past couple of decades. It's kind of a Siskel & Ebert of
            rock criticism, with plenty of music and the occasional interview.)

            Carl Z.
            enjoying all the autumn suggestions, and always looking for an excuse to
            break into the _Nuggets_ box
          • mosurock
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
              No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on Sony/Rewind in
              the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

              doug

              On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:07:33 -0400 Carl Zimring <cz28@...> wrote:

              > --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000
              > samchecker
              > wrote:
              >
              > > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers"
              > wrote:
              > >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker"
              > Odyssey and Oracle, and
              > >>
              > >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed
              > set? I have a reason
              > > for
              > >> asking. No, really.
              > >
              > > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?
              >
              > Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box
              > around, I know a good home
              > for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent
              > shows this fall?
              >
              > Carl Z.

              doug mosurak
              mosurock@...

              http://www.versioncityrecords.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:12 PM -0700 mosurock
                <mosurock@...> wrote:

                > No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on
                > Sony/Rewind in the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

                I've never heard it. Are the arrangements similar to the Zombies' material?

                Carl Z.
              • mosurock
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                  Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work on
                  "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably. He redoes "She Loves the Way
                  They Love Her" confidently and then it's a straight trip to depression city,
                  population = you. A must have, and I can't believe more people hadn't heard
                  it. Argent plays on most of it too, I think.

                  doug

                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                    --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:17 PM -0700 mosurock
                    <mosurock@...> wrote:

                    > Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work
                    > on "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably.

                    I think I need to own this. I think WRCT needs to own this as well. Oh
                    Paul...

                    Carl Z.
                  • mosurock
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                      maybe WRCT already does ... check the vinyl stacks.