Re: autumn songs

  • Bill Silvers
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
      > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
      > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)

      So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason for
      asking. No, really.

      b.s.
    • chillout@gte.net
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
        Has anyone mentioned "October" by U2?
        "October / And the trees are stripped bare /
        Of all they wear / What do I care".
      • samchecker
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
          --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
          > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
          > > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
          > > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)
          >
          > So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason
          for
          > asking. No, really.

          Nope. You need my address, hint hint?

          Mark
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
            --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000 samchecker
            <oneriot@...> wrote:

            > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
            >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
            >> > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
            >> > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)
            >>
            >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason
            > for
            >> asking. No, really.
            >
            > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?

            Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box around, I know a good home
            for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent shows this fall?

            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
              --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 1:54 PM -0400 "Wilson, Carl"
              <cwilson@...> wrote:

              <a whole bunch of good suggestions>

              I think Toronto deserves a radio show programmed by Carl Wilson. Maybe you
              could stump for a "Sound Opinions"-style show at one of the local stations.

              ("Sound Opinions" is a Chicago-based show that's been on about three
              stations over the past couple of decades. It's kind of a Siskel & Ebert of
              rock criticism, with plenty of music and the occasional interview.)

              Carl Z.
              enjoying all the autumn suggestions, and always looking for an excuse to
              break into the _Nuggets_ box
            • mosurock
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on Sony/Rewind in
                the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

                doug

                On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:07:33 -0400 Carl Zimring <cz28@...> wrote:

                > --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000
                > samchecker
                > wrote:
                >
                > > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers"
                > wrote:
                > >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker"
                > Odyssey and Oracle, and
                > >>
                > >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed
                > set? I have a reason
                > > for
                > >> asking. No, really.
                > >
                > > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?
                >
                > Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box
                > around, I know a good home
                > for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent
                > shows this fall?
                >
                > Carl Z.

                doug mosurak
                mosurock@...

                http://www.versioncityrecords.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                  --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:12 PM -0700 mosurock
                  <mosurock@...> wrote:

                  > No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on
                  > Sony/Rewind in the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

                  I've never heard it. Are the arrangements similar to the Zombies' material?

                  Carl Z.
                • mosurock
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                    Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work on
                    "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably. He redoes "She Loves the Way
                    They Love Her" confidently and then it's a straight trip to depression city,
                    population = you. A must have, and I can't believe more people hadn't heard
                    it. Argent plays on most of it too, I think.

                    doug

                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                      --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:17 PM -0700 mosurock
                      <mosurock@...> wrote:

                      > Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work
                      > on "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably.

                      I think I need to own this. I think WRCT needs to own this as well. Oh
                      Paul...

                      Carl Z.
                    • mosurock
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                        maybe WRCT already does ... check the vinyl stacks.