RE: [fearnwhiskey] Re: autumn songs

  • Matt Benz
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
      Autumn Almanac
      End of the Season

      Kinks
    • Bill Silvers
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
        --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
        > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
        > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)

        So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason for
        asking. No, really.

        b.s.
      • chillout@gte.net
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
          Has anyone mentioned "October" by U2?
          "October / And the trees are stripped bare /
          Of all they wear / What do I care".
        • samchecker
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
            --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
            > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
            > > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
            > > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)
            >
            > So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason
            for
            > asking. No, really.

            Nope. You need my address, hint hint?

            Mark
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
              --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000 samchecker
              <oneriot@...> wrote:

              > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
              >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
              >> > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
              >> > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)
              >>
              >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason
              > for
              >> asking. No, really.
              >
              > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?

              Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box around, I know a good home
              for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent shows this fall?

              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 1:54 PM -0400 "Wilson, Carl"
                <cwilson@...> wrote:

                <a whole bunch of good suggestions>

                I think Toronto deserves a radio show programmed by Carl Wilson. Maybe you
                could stump for a "Sound Opinions"-style show at one of the local stations.

                ("Sound Opinions" is a Chicago-based show that's been on about three
                stations over the past couple of decades. It's kind of a Siskel & Ebert of
                rock criticism, with plenty of music and the occasional interview.)

                Carl Z.
                enjoying all the autumn suggestions, and always looking for an excuse to
                break into the _Nuggets_ box
              • mosurock
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                  No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on Sony/Rewind in
                  the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

                  doug

                  On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:07:33 -0400 Carl Zimring <cz28@...> wrote:

                  > --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000
                  > samchecker
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers"
                  > wrote:
                  > >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker"
                  > Odyssey and Oracle, and
                  > >>
                  > >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed
                  > set? I have a reason
                  > > for
                  > >> asking. No, really.
                  > >
                  > > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?
                  >
                  > Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box
                  > around, I know a good home
                  > for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent
                  > shows this fall?
                  >
                  > Carl Z.

                  doug mosurak
                  mosurock@...

                  http://www.versioncityrecords.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                    --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:12 PM -0700 mosurock
                    <mosurock@...> wrote:

                    > No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on
                    > Sony/Rewind in the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

                    I've never heard it. Are the arrangements similar to the Zombies' material?

                    Carl Z.
                  • mosurock
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                      Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work on
                      "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably. He redoes "She Loves the Way
                      They Love Her" confidently and then it's a straight trip to depression city,
                      population = you. A must have, and I can't believe more people hadn't heard
                      it. Argent plays on most of it too, I think.

                      doug

                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                        --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:17 PM -0700 mosurock
                        <mosurock@...> wrote:

                        > Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work
                        > on "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably.

                        I think I need to own this. I think WRCT needs to own this as well. Oh
                        Paul...

                        Carl Z.
                      • mosurock
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                          maybe WRCT already does ... check the vinyl stacks.