Re: autumn songs

  • samchecker
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
      OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
      also on that Zombie Heaven box set)

      I knew her when summer was her crown
      And autumn, sad how brown her eyes

      Damn, I love that album.

      Mark

      P.S. Nice catch on that Dream Syndicate tune, Carl W...
    • Matt Benz
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
        Autumn Almanac
        End of the Season

        Kinks
      • Bill Silvers
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
          --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
          > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
          > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)

          So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason for
          asking. No, really.

          b.s.
        • chillout@gte.net
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
            Has anyone mentioned "October" by U2?
            "October / And the trees are stripped bare /
            Of all they wear / What do I care".
          • samchecker
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
              --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
              > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
              > > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
              > > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)
              >
              > So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason
              for
              > asking. No, really.

              Nope. You need my address, hint hint?

              Mark
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000 samchecker
                <oneriot@...> wrote:

                > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
                >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker" <oneriot@o...> wrote:
                >> > OK, one more--"Changes" by The Zombies (on Odyssey and Oracle, and
                >> > also on that Zombie Heaven box set)
                >>
                >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed set? I have a reason
                > for
                >> asking. No, really.
                >
                > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?

                Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box around, I know a good home
                for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent shows this fall?

                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                  --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 1:54 PM -0400 "Wilson, Carl"
                  <cwilson@...> wrote:

                  <a whole bunch of good suggestions>

                  I think Toronto deserves a radio show programmed by Carl Wilson. Maybe you
                  could stump for a "Sound Opinions"-style show at one of the local stations.

                  ("Sound Opinions" is a Chicago-based show that's been on about three
                  stations over the past couple of decades. It's kind of a Siskel & Ebert of
                  rock criticism, with plenty of music and the occasional interview.)

                  Carl Z.
                  enjoying all the autumn suggestions, and always looking for an excuse to
                  break into the _Nuggets_ box
                • mosurock
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                    No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on Sony/Rewind in
                    the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

                    doug

                    On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:07:33 -0400 Carl Zimring <cz28@...> wrote:

                    > --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 7:11 PM +0000
                    > samchecker
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Bill Silvers"
                    > wrote:
                    > >> --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "samchecker"
                    > Odyssey and Oracle, and
                    > >>
                    > >> So, did you end up with a copy of that boxed
                    > set? I have a reason
                    > > for
                    > >> asking. No, really.
                    > >
                    > > Nope. You need my address, hint hint?
                    >
                    > Say, Bill, if you have extra copies of that box
                    > around, I know a good home
                    > for one. Has anyone seen the Blunstone/Argent
                    > shows this fall?
                    >
                    > Carl Z.

                    doug mosurak
                    mosurock@...

                    http://www.versioncityrecords.com
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                      --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:12 PM -0700 mosurock
                      <mosurock@...> wrote:

                      > No, but Blunstone's 1971 album "One Year" has been reissued on
                      > Sony/Rewind in the UK and is well worth owning. Sad as snakesnot.

                      I've never heard it. Are the arrangements similar to the Zombies' material?

                      Carl Z.
                    • mosurock
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                        Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work on
                        "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably. He redoes "She Loves the Way
                        They Love Her" confidently and then it's a straight trip to depression city,
                        population = you. A must have, and I can't believe more people hadn't heard
                        it. Argent plays on most of it too, I think.

                        doug

                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                          --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 2:17 PM -0700 mosurock
                          <mosurock@...> wrote:

                          > Much, much more lush; some orchestral stuff which takes Nick Drake's work
                          > on "Bryter Layter" and glooms it out considerably.

                          I think I need to own this. I think WRCT needs to own this as well. Oh
                          Paul...

                          Carl Z.
                        • mosurock
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                            maybe WRCT already does ... check the vinyl stacks.