Wire's Read and Burn

  • Perfect Sound Forever
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      I love the Read and Burn EP and at the cost of giving apoplexy to fellow
      Wire fans, I'd tell you that they just came out with another EP in this
      series that's only available on their tour stops or at this website:
      <http://www.posteverything.com/artists/release.php?id=2789>

      Listened to it a few times and not sure how I feel about it quite yet
      though I don't think I'm gonna love it as much as Volume 1 of this series.

      The show I saw them do in New York recently was the best I've seen from
      them (comparing their last visit to NY where they didn't seem to have
      their heart in it and a show they did here in the mid 80s just after the
      Ideal Copy, ditto). My only complaint was that the set was really brief
      this time: the whole thing lasted barely one hour, including two encores.

      Best,
      Jason
      --
      Perfect Sound Forever
      online music magazine
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
        --On Tuesday, October 1, 2002 11:06 AM -0400 Perfect Sound Forever
        <perfect-sound@...> wrote:

        > My only complaint was that the set was really brief
        > this time: the whole thing lasted barely one hour, including two encores.

        Well, heck, a couple of the songs on the disc don't even reach two minutes,
        so that setlist could have 30 songs! The Grateful Dead they are not.

        I'm looking forward to hearing the next EP, but then I like almost
        everything Wire has ever put out. Except _Manscape_. I don't know what
        they were thinking when they recorded that one.