Fresh Dirt

  • Sugarhill_Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2002
      I don't know what is up with my email, but my posts to this group
      aren't getting through. I think RoadRunner is temporarily hosed. It
      seems to work when I post through the website, though, so here is the
      info I've been trying to pass on....

      Hi everyone,

      The new issue of Fresh Dirt is up on the website now:
      www.topsoil.net/freshdirt

      Lucky Issue #13
      TABLE OF CONTENTS

      LETTER FROM THE EDITOR
      * A plea for H-S-B-N-U-W-X.
      [fearnwhiskey members who enjoy writing take special note]
      by Steve Gardner

      FEATURES
      * Tift Merritt, Finally
      by Steve Gardner
      * Tommy Womack, All Grown Up
      by Steve Gardner
      * Florence Dore's Perfect City
      by William Michael Smith
      * The Star Room Boys Sparkle On This World
      by Steve Gardner
      * Rodney Pyeatt and His Never-Ending Texas Beer Joint Tour
      by William Michael Smith
      * Jazzfest; Doomsday at the Food Booths
      by Michael Pemberton
      * Ten Swell Alt.Country Songs By Non-Alt.Country Artists
      by Rick Cornell

      TESTIFY!
      * Let It Bleed: Jimmy Miller and the Rolling Stones
      by Nathan Hollis Brown

      FRESH DIRT NEWS
      by Lindsay Reid

      REVIEWS
      $1000 Wedding/From Hell to Breakfast/Jesse Dayton/
      Clem Snide/Songs:Ohia/Supersuckers/Superchunk-Teinosuke
      Kinugasa/Pine Valley Cosmonauts/Josh Rouse/Caitlin Cary/
      Billy Bragg/Radio 4/Porter Hall, TN/Tom Waits/Paul Westerberg

      KEEPING IT REEL
      Big Bad Debut: Arliss Howard creates a vivid and startling
      landscape of despair in Big Bad Love
      by Stephen Brower
      --
      Steve Gardner - Topsoil/Haywire - Sun. 12-3pm
      WXDU 88.7FM Durham NC and on the Net at www.wxdu.org
      Fresh Dirt Webzine: www.topsoil.net/freshdirt
      * steve@... **** www.topsoil.net *