The Day the Earth Met RFTT

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2002
      What surprised me about this collection of demos and live tracks is how
      well it hangs together as an album. It's a treat to hear raw versions of
      future Ubu and Dead Boys nuggets like "30 Seconds Over Tokyo" and "Sonic
      Reducer" (which sounds like metal Ubu here). Between this and the Laughner
      collection _Take the Guitar Player for a Ride_, Laughner contributed to
      over two hours of excellent (if a wee derivivative of Lou Reed) recordings
      despite never making a proper album.

      Since Steve played a Wire track, I should mention that they recorded a new
      EP with Steve Albini. I think it's only available via mail order & is
      supposedly a return to two guitars-bass-drums rock & away from Swim-style
      electronica.

      Carl Z.