Has Dave Davies lost his mind?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
      --On Wednesday, September 4, 2002 6:25 AM +0800 Kathleen Loebig
      <missdiva@...> wrote:

      > Dave Davies played an odd collection of old and new stuff - didn't expect
      > to hear "Death of Clown" or such an incredibly stunning version of
      > "Seeing my Friends" sandwiched between plugs for his new
      > alien-abduction/armageddon concept album titled "The Bat".

      Um, WHAT?! He's joking about this, isn't he?

      Speaking of the Davies brothers, is that record Ray recorded with Yo La
      Tengo ever going to come out?

      Carl Z.
      who just realized the Kristin Hersh/Grant Lee Phillips/John Doe concert
      conflicts with a conference I'm doing. Drat!
    • Kathleen Loebig
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2002
        <BR>
        >Um, WHAT?!� He's joking about this, isn't he?<BR>
        <BR>
        >Speaking of the Davies brothers, is that record Ray >recorded with Yo La <BR>
        >Tengo ever going to come out?<BR>
        <BR>
        >Carl Z.<BR>
        >who just realized the Kristin Hersh/Grant Lee >Phillips/John Doe concert <BR>
        >conflicts with a conference I'm doing.� Drat!<BR>
        </tt>

        Carl --

        Apparently not. Tim Thomas was saying over dinner on Monday that in Dave's autobiography he even writes about a show w/the Kinks that was going badly until he started sending out his energy to the audience, thereby lifting the whole experience to a new level. Apparently this is when all the weird stuff started. Sorry for the vague details, as I do not know more myself, but am sure looking to find out.

        KL