Re: [fearnwhiskey] I got cows on my mind (was: new CDs this month)

    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 3, 2002
      --On Tuesday, September 3, 2002 2:54 PM -0700 Lance Davis
      <lwdavis1@...> wrote:

      > Out of curiosity, Carl, why exactly would you suggest the name
      > Congress of the Cow?

      One too many viewings of Best In Show cemented the phrase (uttered in the
      opening scene) in my head.

      > Anyway, the weird thing - OK, the other weird thing - is that
      > Hot Club of Cowtown is coming out with their new album the same
      > day. And both of these CDs come a week after the Gourds release
      > Cow, Fish, Fowl, or Pig - which I *think* was originally
      > scheduled to be released on the 17th as well. Lastly, I do
      > believe that someone mentioned Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother on
      > here today or yesterday. That's the one with the cow on the
      > cover. OK, it's official ... I think I'm udderly cowed by this
      > topic.

      Lance, I am amazed that you -- as a proud Austinite --did not mention _More
      Songs About Buildings and Cows_.

      Carl Z.
      resisting the urge to make beef puns
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
        --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:50 PM +0000 "Bill Silvers
        <wfsilvers@...>" <wfsilvers@...> wrote:

        > And thanks for doing that. I usedta do that on P2 back before Ice
        > started limiting theior listings to one month at a time (and leaving
        > country listings out entirely).

        What's weird about that is they continue to keep the country, jazz and
        blues in the reissues section but not (or at least not regularly) in the
        new-release section. I still like the listings for their diversity, though
        not their impact on my wallet.

        Carl Z.
        "bruddah can you hire a historian?"