[fearnwhiskey] I got cows on my mind (was: new CDs this month)

  • Lance Davis
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 3, 2002
      > Lots of stuff is due September 24. I feel bad for
      > telling a friend he should name his band Congress
      > of the Cow, as there's already one out there with
      > a record due this month!
      >
      > Carl Z.

      Out of curiosity, Carl, why exactly would you suggest the name
      Congress of the Cow?

      Anyway, the weird thing - OK, the other weird thing - is that
      Hot Club of Cowtown is coming out with their new album the same
      day. And both of these CDs come a week after the Gourds release
      Cow, Fish, Fowl, or Pig - which I *think* was originally
      scheduled to be released on the 17th as well. Lastly, I do
      believe that someone mentioned Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother on
      here today or yesterday. That's the one with the cow on the
      cover. OK, it's official ... I think I'm udderly cowed by this
      topic.

      Lance

      =====
      "The Berlin Walls are actually in our heads."
      --Mike Watt

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 3 2:54 PM
        --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:50 PM +0000 "Bill Silvers
        <wfsilvers@...>" <wfsilvers@...> wrote:

        > And thanks for doing that. I usedta do that on P2 back before Ice
        > started limiting theior listings to one month at a time (and leaving
        > country listings out entirely).

        What's weird about that is they continue to keep the country, jazz and
        blues in the reissues section but not (or at least not regularly) in the
        new-release section. I still like the listings for their diversity, though
        not their impact on my wallet.

        Carl Z.
        "bruddah can you hire a historian?"