new reissues this month

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
      Among other things, note recenet subjects of discussion Phil Lynott, The
      Fall, The Replacements and Jason & the Scorchers. The Ellington record
      _And His Mother Called Him Bill_ is a tribute to Billy Strayhorn and is one
      of my favorite jazz releases.

      Carl Z.

      ***

      http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/vault186.shtm

      September 3

      Glenn Gould A State of Wonder - The Complete Goldberg Variations
      (1955-1981) (Sony Classical)

      Lightnin' Hopkins The Tradition Masters Series (two CDs) (Rykodisc)

      Idaho We Were Young and Needed the Money (Idaho Music/Retrophonic)

      Leadbelly The Tradition Masters Series (Rykodisc)

      Living Colour Vivid (two CDs w/bonus tracks) (Epic/Legacy)

      Odetta The Tradition Masters Series (two CDs) (Rykodisc)

      The Replacements Hootenanny, Let It Be, Stink (EP) and Sorry Ma, Forgot to
      Take Out the Trash (digitally remastered by Greg Calbi) (Restless)

      Thelonious Monk Live at Newport 1963 and 1965, Monk and Monk?s Dream
      (Columbia/Legacy)

      Chris Whitley Long Way Around: An Anthology 1991-2001 (Columbia/Legacy)

      SACD Billie Holiday Lady in Satin (Columbia)

      September 10

      Bill Anderson 12 Classics (Varèse Vintage)

      Roy Ayers Stoned Soul Picnic (Collectables)

      John Coltrane Legacy (four CDs) (Impulse!)

      Dave Dudley 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection (Mercury
      Nashville)

      The Easybeats Friday on My Mind/Falling Off the Edge of the World (two-fer)
      (Collectables)

      Billy Eckstine The Legendary Big Band (two CDs) (Savoy Jazz)

      Duke Ellington And His Mother Called Him Bill (Bluebird) and 12 Classics
      (Varèse Vintage)

      Everly Brothers 12 Hits (Varèse Vintage)

      The Fall Slates/A Part Therein, 1981 (two-fer), Grotesque (After the
      Gramme), Perverted by Language and Totale's Turns (Sanctuary/Castle)

      Dizzy Gillespie Best of Odyssey 1945-1952 (Savoy Jazz)

      Benny Goodman Together Again (Bluebird First Editions)

      Rahsaan Roland Kirk Blacknuss and Volunteered Slavery (Collectables)

      Philip Lynott The Album and Solo in Soho (Wounded Bird)

      Mississippi Fred McDowell Shake 'Em on Down (Tomato)

      Willie Nelson RCA Country Legends (RLG)

      New York Dolls Great Big Kiss (two CDs) (Sanctuary/Castle)

      Oh-OK The Complete Recordings (liner notes by Michael Stipe) (Collectors?
      Choice)

      Charlie Parker The Complete Savoy and Dial Master Takes 1944-1948 (three
      CDs) (Savoy Jazz)

      Oscar Peterson This Is (two CDs) (Bluebird First Editions)

      Jimmie Rodgers RCA Country Legends(RLG)

      Run-D.M.C. Greatest Hits (Arista/BMG Heritage)

      Sex Pistols Better Live Than Dead, Early Daze, Live at Chelmsford Prison,
      Pirates of Destiny and We Have Cum for Your Children (Sanctuary/Castle)

      Joe Tex 12 Hits (Varèse Vintage)

      Johnny Thunders Arms Around a Memory (three CDs) (Sanctuary/Castle)

      September 17

      Johnny Bond The Home Recordings (Varèse Sarabande)

      Miles Davis The Complete... at Montreux 1973-1991 (20 CDs) (Columbia/Legacy)

      Bill Evans Consecration (eight CDs) (Milestone)

      The Flaming Lips Finally the Punk Rockers Are Taking Acid, 1983-1988 (three
      CDs) (Restless)

      Lightnin' Hopkins Live at Newport (Vanguard)

      Wanda Jackson Rockin? with and Wanda Jackson (w/bonus tracks) (Capitol)

      Jason & the Scorchers Still Standing (EMI)

      Leadbelly I Will Be Glad When I Get Home (Document)

      Matching Mole March (previously unreleased 1972 concert) (Cuneiform)

      Queen Latifah She?s a Queen: A Collection of Hits (Motown)

      The Ramones Gabba Gabba Hits: The Best of (Rhino/Warner Bros./Sire)

      Robert Randolph & the Family Band Live at the Wetlands (Warner Bros.)

      They Might Be Giants Dial-a-Song: 20 Years of (Rhino/Elektra)

      Merle Travis The Very Best of (Varèse Sarabande)

      Gene Vincent And His Blues and Blue Jean Bop (w/bonus tracks)(Capitol)

      September 24

      Chet Baker The Definitive (Blue Note)

      James Brown Live at Chastain Park (Goldenlane)

      The Chi-Lites A Letter to Myself (Brunswick)

      Charlie Christian The Genius of the Electric Guitar (four CDs) and The
      Original Guitar Hero (Columbia/Legacy Jazz)

      Aretha Franklin The Queen in Waiting: The Columbia Years (1960-1965) (two
      CDs) (Columbia/Legacy)

      Woody Herman From East to West Live: Live at the Concord Jazz
      Festival/World Class (two-fer) (Concord Jazz)

      Lightnin' Hopkins In the Key of Lightnin' (Tomato)

      Howlin' Wolf Chicago Blue (Tomato)

      Jerry Lee Lewis Rockin' the Blues (Varèse Vintage)

      Bud Powell The Definitive (Blue Note)

      Elvis Presley #1's (RCA)

      Queen Platinum Collection (three-CD box set) (Hollywood)

      Lou Reed Take No Prisoners (RCA)

      Smokey Robinson & the Miracles Ooh Baby Baby! The Anthology (two CDs)
      (Motown)

      Jimmy Smith The Definitive (Blue Note)

      Art Tatum The Definitive (Blue Note)

      Big Joe Turner Is Here/Rides Again (Collectables)

      McCoy Tyner The Definitive (Blue Note)

      Sarah Vaughan The Definitive (Verve)

      Rhonda Vincent My Blue Tears (Rebel)

      Dinah Washington The Definitive (Verve)

      Dottie West Absolutely the Best of (Fuel 2000)

      Jackie Wilson Whispers (Brunswick)

      DVD The Beatles A Hard Day's Night (Miramax)

      DVD Neil Young Rust Never Sleeps (Sanctuary/Vapor)
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
        >From ICE.

        Carl Z.

        ***

        http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/vault192.shtm

        March 4

        The BellRays Raw Collection (Uppercut)

        Jerry Butler The Collection (Featuring Betty Everett) (five-CD box set)
        (Collectables)

        Duke Ellington The "Satin Doll" Collection (five-CD box set) (Collectables)

        Lester Flatt RCA Country Legends (RCA)

        Mickey Gilley Absolutely the Best, Vol. 1 (Fuel 2000)

        Woody Guthrie The Folk Collection (two CDs) (Collectables)

        Howlin' Wolf The London Sessions - Deluxe Edition (two CDs) (MCA/Chess)

        Les Paul & Mary Ford The Definitive Collection (six-CD box set)
        (Collectables)

        Sam the Sham & the Pharoahs 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection
        (Polydor)

        The Sons of the Pioneers Essential (two CDs) (Varèse Vintage)

        Spirit Blues from the Soul (two CDs) (Acadia)

        Ernest Tubb Family Bible (Universal Special Products)

        Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn Country Gospel Greats (Universal Special
        Products)

        Tom Waits Blue Valentine, Heartattack and Vine (both expanded) and Foreign
        Affairs (Elektra Traditions/Rhino)

        March 11

        Albert Ayler Music Is the Healing Force of the Universe (Impulse! LP
        Reproduction)

        The Beau Brummels Bradley's Barn and Triangle (Collectors? Choice)

        Ron Carter Songs for You (Milestone)

        The Clash The Essential (two CDs) (Epic)

        Everly Brothers Classic Masters (The Right Stuff)

        Everything but the Girl Like the Deserts Miss the Rain (Rhino)

        The Firesign Theatre All Things Firesign (Artemis)

        Mickey Gilley 16 Biggest Hits (Epic)

        Earl Hines Once Upon a Time (Impulse! LP Reproductions)

        Billie Holiday The Collection Volumes 1-4 (packaged individually)
        (Columbia/Legacy Jazz)

        Ice Cube Lethal Injection and The Predator (Priority/Capitol)

        Etta James Classic Masters (Virgin)

        George Jones Hank, Bob & Me: The Songs of Hank Williams, Sr. & Bob Wills
        (Fuel 2000)

        Love The Best of (Rhino/Elektra)

        The Melvins 26 Songs (Ipecac)

        Charles Mingus Jazz Composers Workshop (Savoy Jazz)

        The Mooney Suzuki Electric Sweat (Columbia)

        Charlie Parker The Immortal and Newly Discovered Sides (Savoy Jazz)

        Pee Wee Russell Ask Me Now (Impulse! LP Reproductions)

        Sly & the Family Stone The Essential (two CDs) (Epic/Legacy)

        Small Faces Ogden's Nut Gone Flake (Fuel 2000)

        Uncle Tupelo Anodyne (Rhino)

        Doc Watson Rare Performances 1963-1981 and Rare Performances 1982-1993
        (Rounder)

        Lester Young The Master's Touch (Savoy Jazz)

        VA Alan Lomax Collection: Folk Songs of... Two Gentlemen of the Road
        (Rounder)

        DVD Audio Blue Öyster Cult A Long Day's Night (Silverline)

        DVD Audio Marshall Crenshaw King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents (Silverline)

        March 18

        Arab on Radar The Stolen Singles (Three. One. G)

        The Easybeats The Very Best of (Varèse Vintage)

        Fred Frith Guitar Solos and Step Across the Border (Fred)

        Alexis Korner?s Blues Incorporated Red Hot from Alex (Sanctuary/Castle)

        Willie Nelson The Essential (two CDs) (Columbia/Legacy)

        New York Dolls 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection (Mercury)

        John Renbourn Sir John a Lot (Sanctuary/Castle)

        Waitresses 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection (Polydor)

        The Windbreakers Time Machine (Greatest Hits) (Paisley Pop)

        Warren Zevon First Sessions (Varèse Vintage)

        OST Last of the Mississippi Jukes (DVD same day) (Sanctuary)

        DVD Johnny Cash The Man, His World, His Music (Sanctuary/Castle)

        March 25

        The Blues Brothers The Essentials (Rhino)

        Colin Blunstone & Argent Out of the Shadows (Koch)

        Ray Brown Jazz Cello (Verve LP Reproduction)

        Ray Brown Trio Live from New York to Tokyo: The Red Hot Ray Brown Trio/Bam
        Bam Bam (two CDs) (Concord Jazz)

        Dave Brubeck The Essential (two CDs) (Columbia/Legacy Jazz)

        Cream At the BBC (Polydor)

        Jim Hall Live! (A&M LP Reproduction)

        The Hampton Grease Band (early Glenn Phillips) The Hampton Grease Band
        (Gaff)

        Roscoe Holcomb An Untamed Sense of Control (Smithsonian Folkways)

        Junior Murvin Police and Thieves (Island)

        Moby Grape Legendary Grape (DIG)

        Public Enemy There's a Poison Goin' On (Koch)

        Sonic Youth Dirty - Deluxe Edition (two CDs w/bonus tracks) (Geffen)

        Toots & the Maytals Funky Kingston/In the Dark (two-fer) (Island)

        Randy Travis The Essentials (Rhino)

        Townes Van Zandt Hi, Low and In Between and The Late Great (Tomato)

        The Who Who's Next - Deluxe Edition (two CDs) (MCA)

        Feron Young Absolutely the Best (Fuel 2000)

        Warren Zevon Sentimental Hygiene, Transverse City and Wanted Dead or Alive
        (Virgin)

        The Zombies The Zombies (Varèse Vintage)

        DVD Marvin Gaye Legacy: Behind the Legend (packaged w/Live at Montreux CD)
        (Eagle Vision)

        SACD Lightnin' Hopkins Broken Hearted Blues (hybrid) (Audio Fidelity)

        SACD Brownie McGhee & Sonny Terry Sittin' In (hybrid)(Audio Fidelity)

        SACD Mike Stern, Ron Carter, George Coleman, Jimmy Cobb Four Generations of
        Miles (Chesky)

        SACD VA Man of the World - Reflections on Peter Green (Audio Fidelity)
      • mockthedj <mockthedj@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
          --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Abraham Zimring <cz28@a...>
          wrote:
          > >From ICE.
          >

          > March 18
          > The Windbreakers Time Machine (Greatest Hits) (Paisley Pop)

          Anyone know any details about this label?
        • samchecker <mwyatt@columbus.rr.com>
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
            --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "mockthedj <mockthedj@h...>"
            <mockthedj@h...> wrote:
            > --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Abraham Zimring
            <cz28@a...>
            > wrote:
            > > >From ICE.
            > >

            > > March 18
            > > The Windbreakers Time Machine (Greatest Hits) (Paisley Pop)
            >

            > Anyone know any details about this label?

            You can go to http://www.paisleypop.com and find out what you need to
            know. I'm just happy that both Bobby and Tim are putting out music
            again and even playing together from time to time.

            Mark