new CDs this month

    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 3, 2002
      Lots of stuff is due September 24. I feel bad for telling a friend he
      should name his band Congress of the Cow, as there's already one out there
      with a record due this month!

      Carl Z.

      ***

      http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/release186.shtm

      September 3

      Barry Adamson (ex-Bad Seed) The King of Nothing Hill (Mute)

      Aspera Sugar & Feathered (Jagjaguwar)

      Joe Nichols Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other (RMG)

      The Residents Demons Dance Alone (East Side Digital)

      Chip Taylor & Carrie Rodriguez Let's Leave This Town (Lone Star)

      Pam Tillis It's All Relative: Tillis Sings Tillis (Epic/Lucky Dog)

      Victory at Sea The Good Night (Kimchee)

      DVD Etta James & the Roots Band Burnin/ Down the House (Eagle Eye/Pioneer)

      DVD Motörhead 25 & Alive Boneshaker: Live at Brixton Academy
      (Steamhammer/SPV)

      September 10

      Guy Clark The Dark (Sugar Hill)

      John Doe Dim Stars, Bright Sky (iMUSIC)

      Radney Foster Another Way to Go (DualTone)

      The Gourds Cow Fish Fowl or Pig (Sugar Hill)

      Dave Holland Big Band What Goes Around (ECM)

      Doug Martsch (of Built to Spill) Now You Know (Warner Bros.)

      James McMurtry Saint Mary of the Woods (Sugar Hill)

      The Mission UK Aura (same as U.K. version) (Metropolis)

      Joshua Redman Elastic (Warner Bros.)

      Vandermark 5 Free Jazz Classics Vol. 1 & 2 (Atavistic)

      Peter Wolf Sleepless (Artemis)

      The Wondermints Mind if We Make Love to You (Smile/Image Entertainment)

      VA Going Driftless - An Artist's Tribute to Greg Brown (Red House)

      September 17

      Franklin Bruno A Cat May Look at a Queen (Absolutely Kosher)

      Peter Case Beeline (Vanguard)

      The Chieftains Down the Old Plank Road: The Nashville Sessions (RCA Victor)

      Congress of the Cow Congress of the Cow (M-Theory)

      J.D. Crowe and the New South My Home Ain't in the Hall of Fame (Rounder)

      The Hot Club of Cowtown Ghost Train (HighTone)

      September 24

      June Carter Cash Press On (DualTone)

      Steve Earle Jerusalem (E-Squared/Artemis)

      Eyes Adrift (Krist Noveselic, Kirk Kirkwood and Bud Gaugh) Eyes Adrift
      (spinART)

      Peter Gabriel Up (Geffen)

      Nanci Griffith Winter Marquee (Rounder)

      Jennifer Love Hewitt BareNaked (Jive)

      Rex Hobart & the Misery Boys Your Favorite Fool (Bloodshot)

      Delbert McClinton Room to Breathe (New West)

      Rhett Miller The Instigator (Elektra)

      Negativland Deathsentences of the Polished and Structurally Weak (packaged
      w/64-page book) (Seeland)

      Of Montreal Aldhils Arboretum (Kindercore)

      The Silos Cuba (DualTone)

      Slobberbone Slippage (w/cover of Bee-Gees' "To Love Somebody") (New West)

      The Soft Boys Nextdoorland (Matador)

      Travis Tritt Strong Enough (Columbia)
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
        --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:50 PM +0000 "Bill Silvers
        <wfsilvers@...>" <wfsilvers@...> wrote:

        > And thanks for doing that. I usedta do that on P2 back before Ice
        > started limiting theior listings to one month at a time (and leaving
        > country listings out entirely).

        What's weird about that is they continue to keep the country, jazz and
        blues in the reissues section but not (or at least not regularly) in the
        new-release section. I still like the listings for their diversity, though
        not their impact on my wallet.

        Carl Z.
        "bruddah can you hire a historian?"