Curtis Eller

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
      --On Tuesday, September 3, 2002 4:39 PM +0000 Deliberate Strangers
      <deliberate_strangers@...> wrote:

      > Last Wednesday night I had the pleasure of catching a show at Quiet Storm
      > by a feller named Curtis Eller. I've rarely by so riveted. Curtis sings
      > and accompanies himself on banjo and uke. Plus he yodels. Think Dock
      > Boggs meets Tom Waits at Reid Paley's Brooklyn abode and you're in the
      > ballpark. This was a solo show, but he also has a band called American
      > Circus. His songs are so dark that they make The Strangers seem like an
      > episode of the Tele-Tubbies. That said, I highly recomend checking him
      > out if you have a chance.

      Tom's description made me go snooping and I found Eller's webpage at
      <http://www.curtiseller.com>. He has several mp3s -- I only listened to
      one because they take a while to load, but if you like banjo, check him
      out. "The Execution of Black Diamond" is pretty dark.