Inflammable Material Playlist 6/4/2

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2002
      Ok, not very twangy, but here's what went down on my radio show Monday night
      on WXDU with my good friend Steve Kelley. The show was called Inflammable
      Material and it was a special one-off show focusing on old-school punk

      *Stiff Little Fingers/Suspect Device/All the Best/Chrysalis
      *The Dils/I Hate The Rich/DIY: The LA Scene (1976-79)/Rhino
      *The Avengers/The American In Me (Live)/Died For Your Sins/Lookout!
      *Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers/Do You Love Me/LAMF/Jungle
      *Richard Hell and Elvis Costello/You Gotta Lose (Live)/Time/Matador
      [This is a great cut on the end of the second disc of the new
      Richard Hell retrospective. Recorded live at CBGBs in 77.]

      *Sex Pistols/God Save The Queen (Demo)/There Is No Future/Sanctuary
      *David Goodman and Friends/Justifiable Homicide?/Justifiable
      Homicide?/The Label
      [David was the Sex Pistols demo producer.]
      *Siouxsie and the Banshees/Carcass/The Scream/Geffen
      [From their first record.]
      *Raincoats/Fairytale in the Supermakret/Raincoats/Geffen
      *Buzzcocks/Breakdown/Time's Up/Mute
      [With Howard Devoto]

      *Toy Dolls/Blue Suede Shoes/Dig That Groove Baby/Volume
      *Wire/106 Beats That/Pink Flag/Restless Retro
      [By request]
      *Minutemen/Party With Me Punker/Introducing/SST
      [By request]
      *Adolescents/LA Girl/Adolescents/Frontier
      *X/We're Desperate/Wild Gift/Slash

      *Undertones/I Gotta Getta/Undertones/EMI UK
      *Adverts/Gary Gilmore's Eyes/The Punk Singles Collection/Anagram
      *Saints/Every Day's A Holiday, Every Night's A Party/Wild About

      *Electric Eels/Cyclotron/The Beast 999 Presents The Electric Eels in
      Their Organic Majesty's Request/Over
      *MC5/High School/The Big Bang!/Rhino
      *Dictators/(I Live For) Cars and Girls/Go Girl Crazy!/Epic
      *Eddie and the Hotrods/Hard Drivin' Man (Live)/Teenage
      Depression/Captain Oi
      *Rocket From The Tombs/Ain't It Fun/The Day The Earth Met The Rocket
      From The Tombs/Smog Veil
      [My favorite reissue of 2002 so far. Maybe my favorite CD. It's not
      really a reissue technically since this material has never been
      officially released before. RFTT were a Cleveland pre-punk band from
      1974/1975 that influenced a lot of future bands in the area. When
      they broke up members formed the Dead Boys and Pere Ubu.
      Peter Laughner, who sings lead on this song, was perhaps one
      of the most feverent supports of the Cleveland music scene.
      Unfortunately, he was dead by the age of 25 due to alcohol
      and drug abuse.]

      *Pagans/What's This Shit Called Love?/The Pink Album Plus!/Crypt
      [By request.]
      *Pere Ubu/Nonalignment Pact/Warning Bells Are Ringing/DGC
      *Warsaw (Joy Division)/Leaders of Men/Heart and Soul/Rhino
      *Gun Club/Fire Spirit/Fire of Love/Slash
      *Mission of Burma/That's When I Reach For My Revolver/DIY Mass Ave: The
      Boston Scene/Rhino
      *Blondie/X-Offender/DIY Blank Generation: The New York Scene/Rhino

      *Devo/Mongoloid/Pioneers Who Got Scalped/Rhino
      *Ramones/Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue/Anthology/Rhino
      *Gang of 4/Why Theory?/100 Flowers Bloom/Rhino
      *Peter and the Test Tube Babies/Banned From The Pubs/The Best
      *Replacements/Shiftless When Idle/Sorry Ma Forgot To Take Out The
      *Descendents/Kabuki Girl/Milo Goes To College/SST

      *Agent Orange/Miserlou/Living In Darkness/Posh Boy
      Steve Gardner - Topsoil/Haywire - Sun. 12-3pm
      WXDU 88.7FM Durham NC and on the Net at www.wxdu.org
      Fresh Dirt Webzine: www.topsoil.net/freshdirt
      * steve@... **** www.topsoil.net *