EDD

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
      Thanks for your report, David. I lived vicariously through it.

      > best exchange of the night...
      >
      > janet: why did you go and change the set list?
      > rick: becuase i wanted to.
      > janet: well what's the point of having it in the first place then?
      > rick: oh, like in the history of rock'n'roll it's never happened
      > before!
      > janet: and you wonder why we're not still together.

      That answers my question as to whether they've reconciled. Glad they
      still managed to do this handful of shows, hope the occasional shows
      continue to happen, and maybe more records get recorded. Did they perform
      (he asked with anticipation) any new songs?

      Carl Z.
    • dpurcell99
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
        Carl Zimring wrote:

        > That answers my question as to whether they've reconciled.

        I hadn't heard about their split. How long ago did this happen? Sad
        news...

        dp

        Pike 27: http://www.pike27.net/
      • david_michael_siegel
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
          Unfortunately, no new material was played.

          Re: the personal life - Rick appears to have remarried (he was
          wearing a band, and it looked like his 2nd wife was in the crowd
          taking care of Rick & Janet's son during the show).

          It's been pretty cool the last couple of times to see them have their
          son at the show. And Rick talked between songs about having taken
          him to see the Who the night before.

          David
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
            Dave sez:

            > I hadn't heard about their split. How long ago did this happen? Sad
            > news...

            Before _Stalled Parade_, which sounds as if it may have been written in
            response to the split.

            David sez:

            > It's been pretty cool the last couple of times to see them have their
            > son at the show. And Rick talked between songs about having taken
            > him to see the Who the night before.

            Did he enjoy the loud din his parents were making? How old is he, 10? I
            keep thinking he can't be more than 2 or 3, but that's just time's way of
            sneaking up on me.