Re: [fearnwhiskey] RIP Lionel Hampton

  • Jyl Freed
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2002
      RIP, for sure. I had to call my daddy today about this. Not surprisingly,
      he was drunk. My daddy used to wake my little kid ass up in the wee
      hours of the morning to run the stereo for him (cuz he couldn't) to play,
      among other artists, Lionel Hampton. He would whooop and holler as
      the music played, and point out Mr. Hampton's virtuosity. I'd like to think
      that not *all* of that enthusiam was lost on my tired, untrained ears.

      I lifted more than one glass to Lionel Hampton today, and I sure know my
      daddy did...

      Lionel RAWKED BALLS.

      Jyl