Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: new CDs (including rumor of a Jay Farrar soundtrack)

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 4, 2002
      john vanderslice was a member of MK Ultra who did the song "bill gates must die." our station, wxdu, has been playing the crap out of the cd, but i don't know much about his music myself. everyone here loves him, but i haven't been paying enough attention in that area.

      in an unrelated note, our local indie rock record store (Radio Free Records in Durham) got robbed last night. we just went by there today to buy the tift record (on vinyl!) but their doors were closed. very sad. i doubt they even had insurance since they didn't even pay for heating or a/c. they are one of my favorite stores ever. nice guys, helpful, they find great cds and sell 'em cheap. it makes me sad. as my friend matt said, "they should use the electric chairs on people who rob indie rock record stores." i'm with him.

      steve