Playlist: Viva le Mock (1/4/13)

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2013
      Happy New Year to everyone!
      As it's been a custom for my first show of each new year to feature a "tribute" to people in the music world (who may not have hit the major headlines) that we lost the previous year.

      -Paul

      WRCT 88.3fm - Pittsburgh
      wrct.org

      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 01-04-2013; 9p-1a

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Joss -- Good Weather
      The Wolverton Brothers -- Big West
      Pere Ubu -- 30 Seconds Over Tokyo
      Arson Garden -- Drink a Drink of You

      The Evens -- King of Kings
      Murder By Death -- Ramblin'
      The Gun Club -- John Hardy
      Nervebreakers -- My Girlfriend is a Rock
      The Barbaras -- Grief Touches Everyone
      Toy Love -- Fifteen

      Delicious Pastries -- Safe & Sound
      The Mountain Goats -- Harlem Roulette
      Benjamin Gibbard -- A Hard One to Know
      Antenna -- Given Way
      The Mysteries of Life -- But I'm Different Now

      The Vulgar Boatmen -- Change the World All Around
      Band of Horses -- A Little Biblical
      The dB's -- The Wonder of Love
      The Connells -- Scotty's Lament
      R.E.M. -- Life and How to Live It (Live)

      The Bears -- Fear is Never Boring
      Chris Mills -- Sleeptalking
      Marshall Crenshaw -- Cynical Girl
      Jellyfish -- The King is Half-Undressed (Demo)
      Neighbours -- Fun
      The Heavy -- Curse Me Good

      Volcano Suns -- White Elephant
      Jawbreaker -- Chesterfield King
      Face To Face -- Helpless
      Bob Mould -- Star Machine
      Afghan Whigs -- White Trash

      Freakwater -- Drunk Friend
      (@ Club Cafe 1/17)
      Eleventh Dream Day -- Honeyslide
      The Feelies -- Slow Down
      Rhett Miller -- Point Shirley
      (@ Club Cafe 1/19)

      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 2012 - a tribute to musicians or industry professionals who passed in 2012

      NRBQ -- Me and the Boys (Tom Ardolino, drummer)
      Destroy All Monsters -- Take Me With You (Mike Kelley & Michael Davis)
      Age of Chance -- Disco Inferno (Jimmy Ellis, member of The Trammps)
      The Bangles - We Belong (Eric Lowen, songwriter)

      The Dictators -- Hey Boys (Richie Teeter, drummer)
      Roxy Music -- Virginia Plain (Graham Simpson, bassist)
      Great Plains -- Dick Clark
      Men at Work -- Giving Up (Greg Ham, sax/keys, et al)

      The International Submarine Band -- Luxury Liner (Chris Etheridge, bassist)
      Beastie Boys -- Transit Cop (Adam Yauch/MCA)
      The Reducers -- Let's Go (Steve Kaika, bassist)
      American Music Club -- Outside This Bar (Tim Mooney, drummer)
      - This live version from their "A Toast to You" CD was recorded at the Rex Theater in Pittsburgh by yours truly!

      The Flying Pickets -- Only You (Brian Hibbard, singer)
      The Frogs -- Whisper (Dennis Flemion, keys/percussion)
      Jason and the Nashville Scorchers -- Both Sides of the Line (Perry Baggs, drummer)
      Kitty Wells - It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels (Singer)

      Olivia Tremor Control -- Love Athena (Bill Doss, guitarist)
      No Use for a Name -- Not Your Savior (Tony Sly, singer)
      The Shipping News -- All By Electricity (Jason Noble, guitarist)
      Lesley Gore -- Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows (Marvin Hamlisch, songwriter)

      Nena -- Kino (Manne Praeker, bassist)
      We've Got a Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use It -- Rules and Regulations (Jo Dunne, guitarist)
      The Thermals -- How We Know (Joel Burrows, guitarist)
      James Yorkston & The Athletes -- Shipwreckers (Doogie Paul, bassist)

      Dave Brubeck ---- Take Five (Pianist/composer)