Playlist: Anatomy of the Ear: Americana

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2012
      WRCT's annual Anatomy of the Ear began this week...and I opted to revive the spirit of the "Fear & Whiskey" program by hosting a 1 hour block yesterday during part of the original F&W programs timeslot so many years ago...

      Here's what I played:

      WRCT 88.3 fm - Pittsburgh, PA
      wrct.org

      ANATOMY OF THE EAR: Americana
      11/5/12; 8p-9p

      Artist -- Song

      Uncle Tupelo -- No Depression
      Merle Haggard -- Mama Tried
      Beagle Brothers -- A Thousand Rivers
      Jerry Reed -- When You're Hot, You're Hot
      Old 97's -- Big Brown Eyes

      Glen Campbell -- Wichita Lineman
      Clodhopper -- 1000 Days of Shame
      The Deliberate Strangers -- Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down
      Drive-By Truckers -- Nine Bullets
      The Silos -- I'm Over You

      Neko Case & Her Boyfriends -- Honky Tonk Hiccups
      Loretta Lynn -- Don't Come Home A-Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)
      Dirtball -- So Far, So long
      Calexico -- Splitter
      Cracker -- Trials & Tribulations

      Gear Daddies -- Cut Me Off
      Waco Brothers -- Death of Country Music
      Johnny Cash & June Carter -- Jackson
      Alejandro Escovedo -- Five Hearts Breaking