Re: [fearnwhiskey] RIP: Bert Jansch

  • Andy Benham
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2011
      A very sad day yesterday. In addition to Bert and Steve, Graham Dilley
      died yesterday. Not known in America Graham Dilley was a cricketer of
      some note and participated in one of Englands greatest victories over
      the Aussies.

      I saw Bert on a couple of occasions, once playing solo, and once as part
      of Pentangle who reformed about 5 years ago for a number of shows. I
      guess I don't need to speak here about Bert's abilities as a musician,
      suffice to say both shows were truly magical experiences and led me down
      musical paths I hadn't trod before.

      Andy, very sad this morning