Re: [fearnwhiskey] RIP: Bert Jansch

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
      Lucky to have seen him about a quarter century ago. Between those who
      adopted the guitar stylings of Jansch and the use of Steve Jobs's Apple
      products to write posts, this list just lost two very influential men today.

      On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Mock the DJ <mockthedj@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > http://www.spinner.com/2011/10/05/bert-jansch-dies/

    • Andy Benham
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2011
        A very sad day yesterday. In addition to Bert and Steve, Graham Dilley
        died yesterday. Not known in America Graham Dilley was a cricketer of
        some note and participated in one of Englands greatest victories over
        the Aussies.

        I saw Bert on a couple of occasions, once playing solo, and once as part
        of Pentangle who reformed about 5 years ago for a number of shows. I
        guess I don't need to speak here about Bert's abilities as a musician,
        suffice to say both shows were truly magical experiences and led me down
        musical paths I hadn't trod before.

        Andy, very sad this morning