RIP: Bert Jansch

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
      http://www.spinner.com/2011/10/05/bert-jansch-dies/

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
        Lucky to have seen him about a quarter century ago. Between those who
        adopted the guitar stylings of Jansch and the use of Steve Jobs's Apple
        products to write posts, this list just lost two very influential men today.

        On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Mock the DJ <mockthedj@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > http://www.spinner.com/2011/10/05/bert-jansch-dies/

      • Andy Benham
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2011
          A very sad day yesterday. In addition to Bert and Steve, Graham Dilley
          died yesterday. Not known in America Graham Dilley was a cricketer of
          some note and participated in one of Englands greatest victories over
          the Aussies.

          I saw Bert on a couple of occasions, once playing solo, and once as part
          of Pentangle who reformed about 5 years ago for a number of shows. I
          guess I don't need to speak here about Bert's abilities as a musician,
          suffice to say both shows were truly magical experiences and led me down
          musical paths I hadn't trod before.

          Andy, very sad this morning