kd lang article- Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah reimagined

  • psfmag
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2011
      Greetings,

      In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

      KD LANG
      Dissecting Her Version of 'Hallelujah'
      Analysis by Babbette Babich
      "The initial focus of this essay, apart from important preliminary references to Leonard Cohen is on kd lang, not as composer (although she is one) but musical performer and not as guitarist (although she is one) but as a singer and although her live performances have to make all the difference, very specifically, for the sake of any analysis, specifically as her singing is available in video format on YouTube. Of course there are many readings of kd lang and popular music, and of course most of them focus on the way she dresses, others look at her sexuality, and here, just for a bit, I consider her musicality."

      We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

      See you online,
      Jason