Playlist: Viva le Mock 9-9-11

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2011
      My friend's birthday deserved a Mock filled with cover songs of her favorite artists...

      WRCT 88.3 fm - Pittsburgh, PA
      www.wrct.org
      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 09-09-2011; 9p-1a

      The Mock: Michele

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Brian Eno and Rick Holland -- Glitch
      Grace Jones -- I'm Crying (Mother's Tears)
      The Normal -- Warm Leatherette
      Chicks On Speed -- Euro Trash Girl (Cracker)

      Death Cab For Cutie -- Codes and Keys
      Game Theory -- Room for One More, Honey
      Hogz in Dandyland -- -- Whatever It May Be
      The Church -- Reptile
      Fruit Bats -- So Long

      Wilco -- Passenger Side
      The Minus 5 -- I Was Drunk (Alejandro Escovedo)
      Old 97's -- Ivy
      The Silos -- Never Lost the Sunshine
      The Dave Clark Five -- Bits and Pieces

      Portugal. The Man -- Head is a Flame (Cool With It)
      Koester -- Dear Mr. Tweaker
      Eels -- Novocaine for the Soul (Moog Cookbook Remix)
      Kraftwerk -- Pocket Calculator
      Landscape -- Norman Bates

      Jorma Kaukonen -- Waiting for the A Train
      The Deliberate Strangers -- Hybrid Child
      Guy Clark -- L.A. Freeway
      Townes Van Zandt ---- Waitin' 'Round to Die
      Warren Zevon -- Keep Me In Your Heart

      The White Stripes -- Jolene (Dolly Parton)
      Jean Caffeine -- Sadie Saturday Night
      [Jean was a member of Pulsallama with...]
      Pulsallama -- The Devil Lives In My Husband's Body
      [Ann Magnuson of...]
      Bongwater -- Rock & Roll, Part 2 (Gary Glitter)
      The Avengers -- We Are the One
      [Penelope Houston sang on the Jean Caffeine track]

      Lindsey Buckingham -- Bwana
      [In town on 9/20 @ Carnegie Music Hall in Homestead]
      Stephen Malkmus -- Tigers
      Dead Trees -- Rayna
      The Cichlids -- These Boots are Made for Walkin' (Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazlewood)
      Wild Flag -- Romance
      [New group with members of Sleater-Kinny, Minders, Helium]

      The Connells -- Over There
      The Cynics -- Gehenna
      The Feelies -- Doin' It Again
      The dB's -- Never Before and Never Again
      The Replacements -- Kiss Me On the Bus

      Street Chant -- Scream Walk
      Superchunk -- Seed Toss
      Redd Kross -- Pretty Please Me (The Dickies)
      Circle Jerks -- Moral Majority
      Sleater-Kinney -- Combat Rock*

      The Free Design -- Michelle (The Beatles)
      Peter Holsapple -- You Just May Be the One (The Monkees)
      The Dillenger Escape Plan -- My Michelle (Guns 'N' Roses)
      No Motiv -- Syncronicity II (The Police)
      R.E.M. -- 9-9
      Dirty Three -- Michele
      Pop Will Eat Itself -- Games Without Frontiers (Peter Gabriel)
      Pere Ubu -- Michele
      Waylon Jennings -- He Went to Paris (Jimmy Buffett)
      The Wedding Present -- Happy Birthday (Altered Images)

      Paul McCartney -- I'm Partial to Your Abracadabra (Ian Dury)
      The Dirtbombs -- Livin' For the City (Stevie Wonder)
      Drive-By Truckers -- 18 Wheels of Love
      The Dream Syndicate -- Burn
      Julian Cope -- Non-Alignment Pact (Pere Ubu)

      * requests