Pittsburgh Show: Chris Brokaw

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2011
      Not sure how many Pittsburgher's are on this list, but figured I'd use it to get the word out that Chris Brokaw will be performing a FREE show on Sat. (1/22) at the Lili Coffee Shop in Polish Hill (Dobson Street)

      In case you don't know:
      In the 90s, Chris played in Come and Codeine.
      In the 00s, he played in The New Year and Consonant (featuring Clint Conley of Mission of Burma)
      His current projects include one with Bob Weston (Shellac), and another one with Geoff Farina (Karate)

      The show on Saturday is a solo show, and should start around 8 (w/an opener) with Chris playing around 9.

      For those who can't make it out (or live outside of Pittsburgh), Chris will be playing live on WRCT (www.wrct.org) 88.3fm around 7:30p on Saturday.

      If you're in town, stop by the show.

      -Paul

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2011
        Brokaw is excellent solo; I've seen him hold a large crowd's attention while
        they were waiting for Mogwai to perform. He doesn't tour much in the US, so
        I second Paul's recommendation that you catch him when you have the chance.

        Carl
        P.S. His _Incredible Love_ CD is one of the best acoustic
        guitar/singer/songwriter records of the past decade.