David Getz (Big Brother & the Holding Company), Ollie the Octopus articles

  • psfmag
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2010
      Greetings,

      In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

      DAVID GETZ
      Life with/out Janis & Big Brother
      "Big Brother was... a great band with a strong and growing fan base in the Bay Area. The partnership lasted only until the end of 1968, when Janis left the group to go it alone. One of those who were there to watch it all happen from start to finish was the Big Brother drummer, Dave Getz. I recently interviewed Dave..."

      OLLY THE OCTOPUS
      UK folkie protest
      "Meet Olly the Octopus, a protest singer who famously sung a song entitled "London’s New Mare" in the middle of Boris Johnson’s first mayoral assembly in Bromley back in November 2008 and also sung other songs expressing his political views. He is currently living proof that music can be used by a musical individual to express opinions and thoughts about the world today."

      We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

      See you online,
      Jason