Re: [fearnwhiskey] The life and times of Fear & Whiskey

    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2009
      I am amazed you've kept it going this long. I really had no idea that
      it would survive the summer six years ago.

      Regarding the farewell tours, I can see it now. Fear & Whiskey...with
      Karl Jones... Karl Phillips...and Karl Starkey!

      Hey, I just found out Monday that I'm coming to Pittsburgh for a
      conference in October. Perhaps I'll see you then?

      Carl

      Message 2 of 5 , May 14, 2009
        I post on this list maybe twice a year, and still I manage to
        accidentally post something meant for private email. Sorry anyone
        still reading! -z.
      • jason baldinger
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2009
          howdieeee

          I have to say that I'm a bit sad as I post this around today.  It's been fun rolling with this for the last 6 years though and I hope we did a service to what you started, Karl

          jason

           After 14 years "Fear & Whiskey" comes to an end Monday 5/18 7pm to 10pm.
          Started in 1995 by Karl Zimring, and taken over in 2003 by Karl Rimzig (the Mockster) and Karl Grimzing (myself) along with a small cast of other occasional Karls, including Jason Rybaski (whose karl monkier I can't remember).
          "F & W" is I believe the third longest continuously running show on WRCT, and the only real consistent outlet for "country" on the station.
          So, we will be rounding up as many of the Karls as we can still find and send the show off, prolly with as much whiskey and we can down Monday night
          Tune in 88.3 wrct.org 7pm to 10pm.

          From: zimm28@gmail. com
          Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:51:10 -0500

          On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Mock the DJ <mockthedj@hotmail. com> wrote:

          > It is with great sorrow that I must announce the final show of "Fear & Whiskey" on WRCT...
          >

          > A collective "Karl" will assemble on Monday, May 18th from 7p-10p to pay our last respects.
          >

          > With a history close to 14 years, it wasn't an easy decision.
          >

          > (I'll let the original Carl say any words, and possibly give some history of the show)
          >

          > I hope you'll tune in on Monday @ www.wrct.org, send us requests via AIM: wrct883, or just call in: 412-621-WRCT

          Hotmail® goes with you.
          http://windowslive. com/Tutorial/ Hotmail/Mobile? ocid=TXT_ TAGLM_WL_ HM_Tutorial_ Mobile1_052009