Playlist: Viva le Mock 3/6/09

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2009
      Viva le Mock
      Fridays 9p-1a
      WRCT 88.3 fm
      Pittsburgh, PA
      wrct.org

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Eleventh Dream Day -- Lately I've Been Thinking
      Cobra Verde -- Underpants (Easter Monkeys)
      Buffalo Tom -- Going Underground (The Jam)
      Luna -- Straight Up (Paula Abdul)
      Thomas Dolby -- Europa & the Pirate Twins

      Giant Sand -- Muck Machine
      Supersuckers -- Paid
      Neko Case -- The Tornado Loves You
      Lee Hazlewood -- Six Feet of Chain
      Clem Snide -- I Love the Unknown
      [@Club Cafe 3/15]

      Frampton Brothers -- Here Inside My Head
      The Three O'Clock -- Jet Fighter
      Ratcat -- Getting Away (From This World)
      The Motors -- Airport
      Apples in Stereo - Rocket Pad
      The dB's -- Neverland

      Elf Power -- Nothing's Going to Happen (Tall Dwarfs)
      Bob Mould -- It's Too Late
      Old 97's -- Oppenheimer
      Guster -- Center of Attention
      The Frames -- Fake
      R.E.M. -- Get Up

      Jolie Holland -- You Painted Yourself In
      The Feelies -- Slow Down
      Kimya Dawson -- Alphabutt
      Calexico -- Mazurka

      THE MOCK: NEW YORK CITY
      Cub -- New York City
      The Moldy Peaches -- NYC's Like a Graveyard
      Nina Hagen -- New York, New York
      Jonathan Richman -- Springtime in New York
      Kevn Kinney -- MacDougal Blues

      Matt Pond PA -- Brooklyn Stars
      Leonard Cohen -- First We Take Manhattan
      T. Rex -- New York City
      The Mooney Suzuki -- New York Girls
      New York Dolls -- Subway Train

      The Strokes -- New York City Cops
      Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- Yeah! New York
      The Magnetic Fields -- The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side
      Continental Drifters -- New York
      R.E.M. -- Leaving New York

      Lou Reed -- Dirty Blvd. [from the LP "New York"]
      Interpol -- NYC
      Cat Power -- New York (New York) (Ebb, Kander)
      Frank Sinatra -- Autumn in New York (Vernon Duke)
      Saturday Looks Good to Me -- When You Got to New York
      Sonic Youth -- NYC Ghosts And Flowers