my generation

  • thekrueg1
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2002
      Dave:

      And none of this is to rain on Matt's Who revival parade. I love
      going back and rediscovering older artists, especially ones that
      classic rock radio has ruined for you.

      To me "Who's Next" is the poster child for records I once loved that
      have been so horribly beaten to death by classic rock radio that I
      just can't bear the thought of listening to them again. Thank
      goodness the same hasn't happened to "Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy,"
      "Sell Out," and "Quadrophenia," which are a wonderful overview of the
      Who I used to love.

      I heard some Zeppelin on the radio the other day and thought, man
      that's some good stuff.

      I've never really felt the same classic rock overload on Led Zeppelin
      (save for one song whose name shall not be mentioned and that even
      Dolly Parton couldn't redeem) and will even confess that when I
      recently heard "Us and Them" during a desparate search for something
      listenable on the car radio it sounded so good that I dusted off "Dark
      Side of the Moon" and played the whole darn thing. Of course, Led
      Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are associated with a lot of very hazy, yet
      pleasant, memories, which may help their durability with me. Maybe
      time will give us back our dinosaurs.

      Tom