Massive Music Weekend on WRCT

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 15, 2008
      It's Massive Music Weekend at WRCT this weekend!

      What does that mean?

      WRCT will suspend it's regular programming from 12 noon today to Midnight Sunday to let the DJ's feature some of their favorite bands in 1/2 hour blocks over those 60 hours.

      Check out the complete schedule at: www.wrct.org

      A few that caught my eye include: Badfinger, Black Flag, Husker Du, Pavement, Thin Lizzy, Sonic Youth, GBV, Billie Holliday, Nico, Leonard Cohen, Stereo Total and I'm intrigued to check out the Martin Mull, and Leonard Nimoy blocks!

      This year I will feature:
      The Silos (Friday @ 9p)
      Squirtgun (Friday @ 11:00p)
      Kraftwerk (Saturady @ 12:30a)

      I hope you get a chance to check it out!

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 15, 2008
        I hope the DJ in charge of the Hüsker Dü set plays plenty of songs off
        of Land Speed Record. One year I managed to cram 16 Hüsker Dü songs
        into a 30-minute MMW set and still had time to read public service
        announcements.

        Carl