Playlist: Viva le Mock 2/8/08

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2008
      In celebration of the Chinese New Year, the "Year of the Rat" went under the Mocklight this week...

      Next weekend is MASSIVE MUSIC WEEKEND. Check the website for details, and what artists will be showcased (and when).

      WRCT 88.3 fm * Pittsburgh PA * www.wrct.org

      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 02-08-2008, 11p - 2a
      The Mock: Year of the Rat

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist)

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Big Audio Dynamite -- Medicine Show
      Todd Deatherage -- My Payback
      [@ Club Cafe 2/27]
      Old 97's -- Valentine
      Chuck Prophet -- Freckle Song
      Warren Zevon -- Steady Rain

      Big Star -- The Ballad of El Goodo
      Tall Dwarfs -- Nothing's Going to Happen
      Ass Ponys -- Last Night it Snowed
      Ruckus and the Trousers -- Weatherman Blues
      The B-Sides -- Megan (Don't Ever Change Megan)
      The Breakup Society -- Nobody Likes a Winner

      Peter Gabriel -- Shock Den Affen
      The Mysteries of Life -- That's How Strong My Love Is (R. Jamieson)
      Violent Femmes -- Special

      THE MOCK: YEAR OF THE RAT
      The Boomtown Rats -- Rat Trap
      The Rats -- Just a Man
      The Walkmen -- The Rat
      The White Stripes -- I Think I Smell a Rat
      The Swamp Rats -- It's Not Easy
      Syd Barrett -- Rats
      Sebadoh -- I Smell a Rat
      The Sadies -- Double Wide

      Crispin Glover -- Selected Readings from Rat Catching
      Ratcat -- Getting Away (From This World)
      The Damned -- Alone Again Or (Love)
      [Drummer: Rat Scabies]
      The Specials -- Rat Race
      Good Rats -- Tasty
      Wipers -- Return of the Rat
      J.F.A. -- Middle America
      [From the CD: Rat Music for Rat People]
      Rats of Unusual Size -- Superstar (Andrew Lloyd Webber)
      Ratt -- Sweet Cheater

      Naked Raygun -- Vanilla Blue
      The Pop Group -- We Are All Prostitutes
      The Slits -- Earthbeat
      The Velvet Underground -- Foggy Notion
      The Vulgar Boatmen -- Drive Somewhere

      Swans -- Saved
      Bill Janovitz -- My Funny Valentine (Rodgers & Hart)
      R.E.M. -- Camera
      Nash Kato -- Dirty Work (Steely Dan)
      Pavement -- Range Life

      The Jesus and Mary Chain -- Down on Me
      Yo La Tengo -- Blue Line Swinger
      PJ Harvey -- The Devil
      Scout Niblett -- Comfort You
      Joe Henry - God Only Knows
      Wreckless Eric -- (I'd Go The) Whole Wide World