Jon Spencer, Marshall Grant (Johnny Cash) interviews

  • Jason Gross
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      Greetings and happy 2008 (still getting used to that myself),

      In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever
      <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

      MARSHALL GRANT
      Johnny Cash's bass-man
      "At The Inaugural Johnny Cash Flower Pickin' Festival in Starkville,
      Mississippi, one of the star attractions was longtime Cash bassist and
      road manager, Marshall Grant. Cash was "officially" pardoned for his
      incident and night in the "Starkville City Jail" as his $36 fine was
      returned and daughter donated it to the local Boys and Girls Club.
      Saturday morning, Marshall gave a book signing and reading of I Was
      There When It Happened at the Starkville Public Library. Marshall
      spent 27 years as a founding member of the Tennessee 2 and a lifetime
      as a friend/confidant and confessor for the Man in Black."

      JON SPENCER
      Heavy Trash interview
      "I was excited to hear about Jon Spencer's side project, Heavy Trash,
      because I love everything that those words represent. Drive-in movies,
      muscle cars and kustom kulture in general. When I went on the web
      site, the aesthetic made me happy. Colorful suits, slicked back hair,
      Matt Verta-Ray and Jon smoldering dangerously in front of graphic
      black & white backdrops. And, of course, the whimsical art of Tony
      Millionaire."

      We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if
      you have anything to share.

      See you online,
      JasonJon Spencer, Marshall Grant (Johnny Cash) interviewsJon Spencer,
      Marshall Grant (Johnny Cash) interviews